MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This baby is for sale $75K. I am not allowed to buy so you guys had best look at it :)

It is presented as a 750s - but it seems to have a 600 motor - can it be bored that far?

Check it out in detail HERE

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
This baby is for sale $75K. I am not allowed to buy so you guys had best look at it :)

It is presented as a 750s - but it seems to have a 600 motor - can it be bored that far?

Check it out in detail HERE

I'm a post 1990 bike kinda guy, but my god that is just so pretty.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I might be wrong but it seems like a Magni MV. Not sure where the 750 S corse comes from unless he is referring to Arturo's input into the MV race team.

If it is a full Magni then the engine could be modded to 750 spec.

A Magni MV has been a dream bike for years. Definately a nice bike and at that price prehaps at the upper end of reasonable.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Lovely bike!:mouthwate I've just been checking down the back of the settee for funds but I'm a little way short so anyone who is prepared to chip in a few quid, I'd be most grateful:stickpoke

·
Registered
523 Posts
The 199-*** engine number shows it was fitted to a 600cc GT of 1968 vintage. The 600's stroke is the same as that on the 750, so enlarging its capacity probably meant just switching to 750 barrels/pistons etc.

(Another 600 bites the dust..! :wtf: )

·
Registered
77 Posts
This bike was previously listed and sold by the same seller 3 - 4 years ago. In fact, the photos and video are from when it was offered at that time in the seller's prior business location. I bought a couple of bikes from the seller, Michael Kiernan, around that time. He is always sketchy on providing details on what he offers for sale, so I'd expect he doesn't have a lot of background on the bike. Very nice looking and sounding, but unless it was built by Magni or Kay (and documented as such), it's a lot of money for what is essentially a bitsa.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Very Interesting.

Frame 199-35 and engine 199-32 are the numbers of an original MV 600 'black pig' tourer that exists here in the UK.

Dorian.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
The bike in Sydney has no right to be labeld an MV at all. Jap, i think Kawasaki, engine and no MV genuine parts that i can see.

I spend a large amount of my time trying to help people with genuine bikes and it realy pisses me off when stuff like this appears pretending to be an MV!!!!

OK rant over..........off to play with some genuine MV's in Holland for the weekend.

Dorian.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
So not only a bitza but a bit of a fraud too.:wtf: OK, I'll put the money back down the sides of the settee again. I have to say it does look the bizz tho.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bike in Sydney has no right to be labeld an MV at all. Jap, i think Kawasaki, engine and no MV genuine parts that i can see.

I spend a large amount of my time trying to help people with genuine bikes and it realy pisses me off when stuff like this appears pretending to be an MV!!!!

OK rant over..........off to play with some genuine MV's in Holland for the weekend.

Dorian.
Not much gets past our Dorian.

Absolutely spot on, this impostor turned my stomach & the audacity of the price rendered me speechless! I am not surprised it is still around - I pity anyone stupid enough to part with the money for a bogus POS.

Rant over - ONLY until it turns up again.

·
2,156 Posts
Looked at this bike when it was offered a couple of years ago and yes, the advertising on Michaels site is just a tad confusing as it references "race bike" and 95 Hp:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:if you actually listen to the bike its a "lazy" 750 sound, nothing race oriented about it at all and even if it is a modified 600 probably not putting out much more than 75 Hp:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
however, regardless, still looks the business :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
now...................................if someone was to build a 1975 Phil Read 500cc replica, Magni frame and special hand built Magni race tank, fairing, seat, original factory race plasma rotors, original mags, 38mm Ceriani tubes and................the donor engine from a 1968 600, rebuilt (with light weight "exotic" components) / bored out to produce 100+ rear wheel Hp plus dry clutch and chain drive and...........hand fabricated, light weight exhaust all for the purpose of track use..............then that would be:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm:Roll on the 2012 Island Classic:yo::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
148 Posts
:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
now...................................if someone was to build a 1975 Phil Read 500cc replica, Magni frame and special hand built Magni race tank, fairing, seat, original factory race plasma rotors, original mags, 38mm Ceriani tubes and................the donor engine from a 1968 600, rebuilt (with light weight "exotic" components) / bored out to produce 100+ rear wheel Hp plus dry clutch and chain drive and...........hand fabricated, light weight exhaust all for the purpose of track use..............then that would be:smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm:Roll on the 2012 Island Classic:yo::jsm::jsm::jsm:

So the new addition is underway then Julian.....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
well and truly :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
Awesome!.
Is there any companies building these replicas,i think there would be a market for it. I would love one

·
Registered
523 Posts
Awesome!.
Is there any companies building these replicas,i think there would be a market for it. I would love one
Dave and Mark Kay build replicas of these GP machines - at a price. (..they trade as Meccanica Verghera).

They entered one of them in last year's TT races, and were setting the pace when the bike came to a halt after ingesting bird feathers on lap four. It had lapped faster with a novice on board (104mph) than Agostini had done on a works machine in his heyday. :jsm:

(..although I suspect modern-day tyre technology and improvements in the road surface had much to do with it).

Steve

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Dave and Mark Kay build replicas of these GP machines - at a price. (..they trade as Meccanica Verghera).

They entered one of them in last year's TT races, and were setting the pace when the bike came to a halt after ingesting bird feathers on lap four. It had lapped faster with a novice on board (104mph) than Agostini had done on a works machine in his heyday. :jsm:

(..although I suspect modern-day tyre technology and improvements in the road surface had much to do with it).

Steve
What sort of price are they asking,couldn't find any information on them on the net.Their website says its under construction

·
Registered
523 Posts
:mouthwate
What sort of price are they asking,couldn't find any information on them on the net.Their website says its under construction

Don't know for sure, but they were asking a six figure sum for their handmade 'Ferrari' (..and MV 'rep.' with a Ferrari badge, essentially).

This guy owns one of the racers. Maybe send him a PM? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdtYdVvkQT8

What am I thinking..?? The camera guy is not the owner. Doh! Nice sound, all the same :mouthwate

1 - 20 of 21 Posts