MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !!!

My name is David and i am living in Spain.
I am since one year a new owner of a MV 750. The last owner told me that this bike is an 750 Sport Arturo Magni, but I havent the confirmation, I was wondering if somebody could know which model it is. I have been looking some books and some information through Internet...but no way. Here some photos.

Thanks you before hand.
David

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi David, welcome to the site. Nice looking bike!

Much of it looks to be (1974 -1975) 750 Sport, inc. the frame, although the main rails have been shortened where they run beneath the seat - they would normally extend about a foot farther to the rear - but it's hard to say without knowing engine/frame numbers. Do they start; 214***?

Steve

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice bike David, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your comments 750four and John !!!
The bike is from the 72' and the frame number (telaio nr.) is 2140108. I have to look the engine number. Bike is running well. So bike must be and 750 sport with some extra kit.

Grettings from Spain
David

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi again David.

Your bike passed through Bonhams auction house at Stafford, in the UK, in April 2004. Engine number is quoted as: 2140109, and the tank and seat are indeed said to be Magni items. It's listed by Bonhams as a '1974' model 750S. (..I thought it to be a later model too, on account of its front brake discs!)

Steve

Here's a link to the Bike Museum site, where you'll find additional information: http://thebikemuseum.com/numbers.php

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi again,

Yes,last owner told me that he bought two 750S in an auction...now I see he was right.
I will have a look....thank you Steve !!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
David.

From the factory records it is indeed a 1972 bike. The engine and frame numbers are the originals and it was dispatched to a dealer in Lecco, Italy on 7.3.1972.

As with many 'fours' it has been modified over the years into what it is now. A very nice machine from what i can see and looks like it would be great fun.

Dorian.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts