MV Agusta Forum banner

Mv 350 troubleshooting

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  gunnar 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a blow up diagram for the 350 engine. I'm having clutch problems and would like to know what I'm getting into. It's not disengaging all the way but only sometimes. It feels like it has almost like a high spot If that makes sense.

#5 ·
Unfortunately the parts manual for the Elettronica is not as generous as the Ipotesi one as far as illustrations go.

Obvious question, as first step have you tried to adjust the clutch? i.e change its friction point? When you say not disengaging are you saying it feels like it's slipping? or the opposite? Getting more revs than the speed suggests?

I had some similar issues with the Ipotesi last week - I slackened the cable, made some adjustments on the clutch - just trial & error - runs like a gem now.

Did a 50 mile run on the weekend with my wife on her Cagiva, ate her dust ( I knew I should not have derestricted that little baby :laughing:) but it went really well - easily the best since I've owned it (about 15 years), the new engine is running in beautifully.

#6 ·
I did some adjusting but it feels like it's not disengaging. I thought the cable might be stretched but it isn't. It almost feels like some material is off a clutch plate and it it sticking or something. I played around with the actuator arm and cable the best I could but still the same problem. Is there another way to adjust the friction point?

#9 ·
I did some adjusting but it feels like it's not disengaging. I thought the cable might be stretched but it isn't. It almost feels like some material is off a clutch plate and it it sticking or something. I played around with the actuator arm and cable the best I could but still the same problem. Is there another way to adjust the friction point?
The later 350 has a screw accessible thru the side cover (right side of course) that is locked in by a nut - 11mm (off the top of head) you loosen that turn the screw either clockwise or anti clock wise to change the friction point & lock the nut once you have the right release point.

Other than that, Cooper has pretty covered everything - if you do all that & still have a problem then I think you need professional assistance from someone familiar with older singles & twins. But I am pretty sure you won't. Good luck.

#7 ·
Is there slack in the cable ? just a little ? there should be some.

That's the first place I'd look.

The second would be a look at the springs. Have you investigated to see what things look like in there ? If it does feel like something is "sticking" in there then you may have a broken plate or spring.

Third.. How long has this machine sat ? Whats the age of the clutch ? If it has sat for a long period then maybe just a quick dismantle to soak the fiber plates will bring things back to life. When fiber plates sit too long the oil has a tendency of evaporating out of the plates and cause a malfunction. Simply soaking the plates overnight in oil will cause them to soak up or "refill" the needed oil to perform properly.

Hope this helps

#8 ·
Awesome I'm going to pull it apart and give it a look. Anything I should know going into it? I also need to pull the ipo clutch as well.

#10 ·
Luckily I have a dad who is a fantastic mechanic so if it's a bigger problem I have free labor.
Thanks so much guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.