MV Agusta Forum banner

MV 350 Conversion Kit DOHC

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Johannestiger 
#1 ·
I got a conversion kit in order to change a MV 350 OHV pushrod engine to a DOHC 4 valve one. It was made by Ioannoni and only two of the are installed in Ipotesi bikes. Now thes are driven on the track. I got these kit including the costruction plans and cast models. But without the cams and drive spur gears. But i hope, I can complete an engine with this parts. It would be an 350 two cilynder what I always dreamed of.

#12 ·
Yes, that is correct. Two of these engines run quite successfully in the German racing series for historic motorcycles. I would like to build another engine from the castings I had taken over and based on the construction drawings. It's a long, arduous but exciting journey to successfully complete this crazy project. All castings had to be machined and all moving parts had to be remade as unique pieces: camshafts, gears, valves with guides, seats, cylinder liners, pistons, etc.

The cylinder head is currently almost finished and we are machining the cylinder block. It will take a while until this crazy project is completed and this engine hits the race track.