·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
Nice. What should something like that sell for?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for sharing Ivan. What are the main differences between the 175-CST/CSTL and the 175-CS ... is it mainly carb, head, and wheels?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing Ivan. What are the main differences between the 175-CST/CSTL and the 175-CS ... is it mainly carb, head, and wheels?
It depends! There are smaller differences in the motor beyond just head and carb.

Other "main" differences depend on the year model. Some examples: clip-on handlebars are Sport exclusive thru 1956, and while some CSTL machines had toolboxes (most did not), every Sport model should have them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm thinking this world needs a vintage MV production 'bible' that details old MV bikes, models years, motors, numbers, colors, graphics, tanks, etc. It would need to be super credible and the automatic 'go-to' reference document. It would certainly do wonders for the MV collector world and the overall MV brand. It needs to come from someone who is super knowledgeable, passionate, and credible. I think I know someone that fits the bill ......

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking this world needs a vintage MV production 'bible' that details old MV bikes, models years, motors, numbers, colors, graphics, tanks, etc. It would need to be super credible and the automatic 'go-to' reference document. It would certainly do wonders for the MV collector world and the overall MV brand. It needs to come from someone who is super knowledgeable, passionate, and credible. I think I know someone that fits the bill ......
There's a definite need for that! I recently asked Ian Falloon if he'd ever thought of doing an MV Agusta book. He said "No, but sign me up for one"...

I'd be happy to help write the 125-175 chapter!

Ivan

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think, it's neccesary to put all the facto and the informations about the old MV together. For example if it is possible to identifie a vertan model by the VIN or the Number of the Motor. Perhaps there are still some People living who had worked in the MV Factory and can tell a lot of how the manufactured the bikes we like. When did they change the speedometer, the taillight or the Gastank on which Typ?

But it will be a Lot of work and the Community of old MV Drives and collectors is Not so big.

Alexander

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
A valid information book on classic MVs would be awesome. Unfortunately, as I understand it, there were quite a few changes made to a bike during it's production run (similar to a factory race bike having continual upgrades over the season) which are both hard to document and hard to verify. Even when it comes to the 4C bikes (the history of which is well documented) there is quite a bit of variance between sources. We can only hope especially as those who may have answers are now quite elderly or no longer with us added to which many people interested in this info can't speak Italian and the Italians can't speak English.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts