MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take custody of my new '04 Brutale in a couple weeks. Any "MUST DO" mods or upgrades? It has 230 miles on it and two broken front turn signal stems.

Mogan

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Other than the obvious, (the turn signal stems), ride it first. Get to know it a bit and then decide how you want to personalize it.

I would suggest either the Arrow thunder or the Factory racing exhaust with a midpipe.

CAG

·
Registered
235 Posts
And you can go nuts from there!
Good luck with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the very least I would do a mid-pipe!

Congrats!

Phil
If you replace the midpipe, do you need a PCIII or redo of the fuel injection mapping?

·
Registered
235 Posts
That is one beautiful machine...
Thank you very much, it was built at Moto Corse location I believe in PA before it closed down. #23/300, I'll be selling it soon!

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
If you replace the midpipe, do you need a PCIII or redo of the fuel injection mapping?
Not necessarily, but you will realize great benefits in driveability if you do.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where's the best place to get a complete shop manual for the '04 Brut?

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
From the dealer. You need 2, chassis workshop and engine workshop. Chassis manual (which has a lot of engine related maintenance items in it) is part number 8A0099360.

I don't have the 750 engine manual, so I don't know that part number. 910 engine manual is part number 8A00A6440.

These will probably be in CD-ROM format.

I think there are also some places where you can download them off the internet, but copyright laws make this questionable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think this one won't have copyright problem. It's the official website of MV netherlands.
They got owner's manual and workshop manual for brutale in lots of different language.
http://www.mvagusta.nl/index_MV.html

BTW, I got the full 910r racing exhaust and mini fairing for sale. :brutale:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I know that I didn't have to on my 06 910S, and I have heard from many owners and my Dealer who say no. Ride it for a while, then do the mid-pipe and see if it has lost anything anywhere. I bet you will find that it hasn't.

Phil

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think this one won't have copyright problem. It's the official website of MV netherlands.
They got owner's manual and workshop manual for brutale in lots of different language.
http://www.mvagusta.nl/index_MV.html

BTW, I got the full 910r racing exhaust and mini fairing for sale. :brutale:
Hey, thanks!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would say the only MUST DO mod is get a tail tidy, thats the only thing i've done to my '04 as yet. I do have a list of TO DO's tho.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe EBC front brake pads if you find the current brakes lacking in stopping/slowing power.
Yeah, I test rode an '06 S, and the brakes were a disappointment. That's part of what led me to go wild in putting race brakes on my F4.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I take custody of my new '04 Brutale in a couple weeks. Any "MUST DO" mods or upgrades?
Mogan
Get a haircut, and brush your teeth. The chicks will be all over you, and you gotta be ready! :mouthwate

1 - 20 of 22 Posts