MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
riding the curves with MV Agusta

came across this which might be of interest to those near by. Someone might even like to organise a ride to the museum to add a touch of the modern era of MV Agusta

The Motorcycle, Italian Style: Riding the Curves with MV Agusta
Saturday, September 8, 2007 - Sunday, January 6, 2008

Transportation meets art in The Motorcycle, Italian Style: Riding the Curves with MV Agusta, which opens at the Stamford Museum & Nature Center on Saturday, Sept. 8. This vintage motorcycle exhibition traces the MV Agusta brand from its World War II inception to today. More than 30 bikes, most from the Classic era (1945-1980), will be on display throughout the Bendel Mansion Museum Galleries until Jan. 6, 2008.

This "edgier" exhibition is the first motorcycle show the museum has ever displayed. "We've always found our audience to be very interested in transportation and design issues," said Curator of Collections Rosa Portell. "It offers us a perfect opportunity to underscore the principle that art can be found not only in the traditional media, the kind that hangs in museums, but in these beautiful machines which are, themselves, art works."

The Motorcycle, Italian Style
As World War II came to a close in Italy, the Agusta family saw the opportunity to create a new machine that would provide inexpensive and reliable transportation to a country ravaged by war.

MV Agusta motorcycles had barely hit the market when one of them was driven into first place in a modest race. From 1956 to 1976 MV Agusta would win over 3000 international races, becoming the most successful brand in the history of the sport.

http://stamfordmuseum.org/exhibit-spot.html#cycle

Stamford Museum and Nature Center
www.stamfordmuseum.org

39 Scofieldtown Rd
Stamford, CT 06903
(203) 322-1646

·
Registered
798 Posts
This is literally one minute from my house. If anyone is going let me know. We could meet at my house for some lunch and then head on over.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Let me know when you guys/gals are thinking of going. My invitation stands for lunch at my house either before or after the museum.

M

·
0 Posts
Cool beans! How about we shoot for Saturday September 8th, and in case of any inclement weather... we can have Sunday as a back up?

·
Registered
798 Posts
moto_bella said:
Cool beans! How about we shoot for Saturday September 8th, and in case of any inclement weather... we can have Sunday as a back up?
Sunday they are having a much larger gathering there, with food, special guests, an MV reffle, and invite all bikes. So it may be very crowded there, but worth a shot. If you go to the link in the first post, you can read about it. My thoughts are, that if people were into this Sunday gathering, we should probably just do that anyway if the weather looks like it will be good. Since I live close, I will probably go Sunday anyway for a chance at winning that MV :drummer:

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hey Matty, you out in CA?
It would be great to go to this thing with a bunch of MV owners. I think our bike would actually be in the show, like the IMOC event last year.

M

·
0 Posts
We will be there on Sunday.... didn't realize there is more of an event that day.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts