MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ,really need your experience with my front fork upgrade,I have the standard marzocchi 50mm front forks on my b4 1078rr.they are setup pretty well for road use.I just had a ride on a cbr 1000 respol and noticed the front shocks just absorbed our crappy roads. Your thoughts would be appreciated.I have one fork that does compression and the other that does rebound.

cheers eddy

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
Eddy, if you want to "absorb" road bumps, you will lose performance on the track. Depending on how you ride, and where you ride, you should develop multiple settings, kept in a log book, for your particular use.

What performs well on a track, will be harsh on the road.

Once static sag is set correctly, soften compression damping a bit and go for a ride. Note the change.
Do the same for rebound damping....but don't do them both at the same time.

Suspension settings are very personal and the approach has to be extremely methodical.

Change one thing, ride, like or dislike, change one thing, ride, etc.

Generally, less compression damping and a little less rebound damping will make bumpy road riding more comfortable at the expense of control in the twisties.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chuck,I know all about the settings,my bike is set up for fast cornering,as i do melt the far edges of my rear tyre,it just seems the honda has a more pleasant front end.my rear shock is just perfect.Was thinking one of these cartriges would give me what i was looking for,maybe i am picking at straws.

cheers eddy

·
Super Moderator
22,038 Posts
Maybe just back off a click or two on compression dampening and see how it feels....?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Eddy...have the Andreani superstock kit in my 990. Same setup with rebound on the right compression on the left. That said, I have not even set the preload to my weight yet. Installer set a baseline but it's a bit stiff. Not sure if the upgrade was worthwhile or not. Will reserve judgement until after getting some settings on paper and time in the saddle. All my riding is on the street and on some fairly harsh roads. I will report back.
Brett

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Just out of interest,

How are the bikes used to race the Isle of Man set up?

Are they stiff like a track setup or sort of inbetween?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Just out of interest,

How are the bikes used to race the Isle of Man set up?

Are they stiff like a track setup or sort of inbetween?
Still a bit on the firm side because those boys peddle pretty rapidly :jsm:, but they have more suspension travel built in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts