MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so after riding pretty much anything on 2 wheels for about 35 years, I have recently become the overly excited owner of a 2007 F4 the my wife got me for my birthday. (yes, she is AWSOME!!!). However, after putting about 600 miles on it in the last 2 weeks, I have noticed that compared to pretty much every bike I have ever owned, the fuel milage is horrible, right at 25 MPG, no matter how hard or asy I am riding.
Is this normal for the model or am I not riding in a style that it was designed to be ridden. Either way it doesnt really matter because the bike is incredible, just wondering.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
how many litres is the tank? if i take it easy on a commute my reserve light comes on at about 135-140. I can get 150 out of a tank. just. but if i go out and give it the beans, i get about 20% less.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine in city gets like 10L for 100km....

Last saturday i went for a ride with friends like 100km going from 50km/h to 90km/h and the rest 80km about 200km/h . It was my best fuel comsumption 8,9 liters for 100km . My bike is all stock. I think removing the CAT and putting a Microtec helps alot!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I think it's an Italian thing. I have never gotten good mileage out of any Euro bike. I used to get 35mpg or better out of my R1, but haven't gotten over 30mpg in any italian bike. I always just figured I'd get a GSXR600 if i wanted a comuter with good mpg
If i make 100 miles on a tank, then i'm doing good

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I can get 120 - 130 miles per tank, but that's not what the F4 is about really. Just as an aside the worst bike I rode for fuel consumption was a Honda Firestorm V twin. It was abysmal on fuel, much worse than the F4.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies guys. Figured it was more af a design thing but wanted to check anyway. The fuel light comes on right at 100 miles and 4 gal. consistantly. Either way, still gonna ride the snot out of it and not worry about the fuel bit. thanks again

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 2000 F4S goes on reserve around 160 miles so I get around 40 mpg when I am not really using all the rpm. With more spirit in the wrist it drops to about 38 mpg and those are those skinny little US gallons not that great big Imperial ones. :)

Again as others have said not what you buy it for. Someone said it is an Italian thing but my Ducati S2R 1000 gets around 55 mpg and my ST2 got almost 60 mpg so it can be done. More common for me with Ducati is 40 mpg or something close to that.

Jim

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
I get 10Litres per 100kms also,I have full Bodis system and Arrow race ECU.I know they are thirsty and I just live with it,Mitch.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
You can fit more fuel in the tank if you remove the evap canister. Also getting your bike dynotuned will help with the gas milage. I was getting sub 20mpg before tuning, but now its way more.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
WOW! That is very good!
thats about right i'd say. Ive taken the CAT out and thats the only change ive made. reserve came on last night at 136.6 miles, i pulled into get petrol at 146 miles. she took £24 to fill up at £1.40 ltr. Petrol is SOOOO expensive over here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
thats about right i'd say. Ive taken the CAT out and thats the only change ive made. reserve came on last night at 136.6 miles, i pulled into get petrol at 146 miles. she took £24 to fill up at £1.40 ltr. Petrol is SOOOO expensive over here.
I really need to take off the CAT!!! Petrol 98 here is 1.70€ Liter.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
?

I really need to take off the CAT!!! Petrol 98 here is 1.70€ Liter.
dml where are you????

1.70€ Liter :jsm::wtf: X 3.785 = 6.44€ per gallon X 1.4397 = $9.27 a gallon

OMFG thats absurd......i filled up this afternoon.....$3.75 a gallon and California is expensive, in Arizona its almost a Dollar less:drummer:

i will not complain about gas prices, i will not complain about gas prices.........

:f4::brutale:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts