MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well mates, I finally decided to move back to soCali. I have a home in Mission Viejo (Ladera Ranch specifically), and I would love to meet some or all of you nearby for weekend rides, track days or simply shoot the breeze over a cold beer.

I think there are a couple of members near where I will be living. I look forward to meeting you in person, as I expect to be fully "funtional" there sometime in early November.

Ortega Highway...Here I come!!!! :mouthwate

·
Registered
735 Posts
super dooper awesome. i live in Ladera too. i'll pm you my info :smoking:

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Welcome home! I live on the other side of Ortega, and I am usually seen on that road once or twice each weekend...See you soon, then!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
twoeleven said:
Welcome home! I live on the other side of Ortega, and I am usually seen on that road once or twice each weekend...See you soon, then!

Griff
twoeleven
Awesome! I think Scott knows a couple of other MV/ Ducati riders in the area...maybe we can start or expand a riding group. I am taking the MV and the Duke, but the R6 will be sold. Too many bikes to move.

See you guys there in a month! :f4:

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
MarcoM3 said:
Too many bikes to move.
BLASPHEMY!!! What about a track bike??? Do you track your MV, or wouldn't that R6 make a neat little weapon for California Speedway??? :stickpoke

Just a thought...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
twoeleven said:
BLASPHEMY!!! What about a track bike??? Do you track your MV, or wouldn't that R6 make a neat little weapon for California Speedway??? :stickpoke

Just a thought...

Griff
twoeleven
Dont get me wrong. I LOVE the R6, and I have used it mainly as a track bike. However, I started taking the Duke lately, and it is a lot of fun. I am too chicken to take the MV.
I would love to keep all three, but storage is an issue in California, as I have a teenage daughter who will be driving soon and will likely ask for her own car. (gulp...)

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
teenage daughter / car / southern california

you poor guy. Hope you have a great insurance agent.

·
Registered
587 Posts
esq'z me said:
teenage daughter / car / southern california

you poor guy. Hope you have a great insurance agent.
Look at the older BMW's

1982-1988 Cheap,low Maintenance ,and safe

I am sad fully addicted to these carS. check it out :mouthwate

$1500 gets u a Great AC,Auto trans,everything working.
a nice car to start to your child in :)

great place for info www.Mye28.com

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Vatoloco said:
Look at the older BMW's

1982-1988 Cheap, low Maintenance
Not to hijack the thread, but are you kidding me?:banghead: Look in the dictionary under oxymoron, and you'll find cheap low maintenance BMW's that are 25 years old.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Randarosa said:
Not to hijack the thread, but are you kidding me?:banghead: Look in the dictionary under oxymoron, and you'll find cheap low maintenance BMW's that are 25 years old.

you obviously have no idea what your talking about,Now granted buying one that has had 20 different owners is gonna be trouble but everything that pushed around is gonna. my 83 has had 3 owners,and its been nothing but a dream. this is my 3rd,and im gonna keep it untill i find a M5.

Have you ever even been in one of these cars for some proof, or did you just see a beat to shit one recently and think there all like that?

all i said was this was a good starter car,to learn responsibilities in, I dont suggest a 16 year old have a T4 Turbo kit,with a LSD 3.73 for there first car,like what im running.

i know i wouldnt buy my child a brand new 325i or jetta for there first car, maybe you would though?

now todays BMW's are different and are junk! no doubt about that

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to continue to get off the original subject of my thread, but Vatoloco is right. I have owned BMW's since I had a 1974 2002tii in college (I have a 2005 M3 now), and they are great car for a young driver. Safe, reliable and timeless good looks.
Funny you should mention, but my daughter has asked for a 1997-99 E30 325 coupe...
Now I vote to kill the BMW debate and stick to the original subject. Cheers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
MarcoM3 said:
Not to continue to get off the original subject of my thread, but Vatoloco is right. I have owned BMW's since I had a 1974 2002tii in college (I have a 2005 M3 now), and they are great car for a young driver. Safe, reliable and timeless good looks.
Funny you should mention, but my daughter has asked for a 1997-99 E30 325 coupe...
Now I vote to kill the BMW debate and stick to the original subject. Cheers.

Lol, done just so ya Know E30 is 1982-1991 :) 97-99 would be a E36.
let me know if i can help ya when u get to socal.
I am the president of Club E28 a Arizona fiver club.

cya!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Vatoloco said:
you obviously have no idea what your talking about,

Have you ever even been in one of these cars for some proof, or did you just see a beat to shit one recently and think there all like that?
now todays BMW's are different and are junk! no doubt about that
Mr. Loco:
'Obviously', you're correct! I've got a different opinion, so I must not have any idea what I'm talking about. I'm sure you've got more experience on the matter than I do. I've only been in the automobile business 32 years, and have sold, maybe 10,000 cars. My memory's a little fuzzy, bear with me....that's right, I sold just under 100 last month.

Furthermore, I guess I've sold several hundred, if not a thousand or more cars to moms and dads looking to buy a good starter car for their precious young uns. The concept of putting anyone's sixteen year old daughter in a 240,000 mile 20-25 plus year old BMW (which is all you're gonna buy for your $1500), and expecting it to start EVERY TIME YOU PUT THE KEY IN IT is ludicrous. I don't want my kid, your kid, or anyone else's kid to be in a car that I sold them that doesn't have a good probability or returning that kid home safe to momma every time . In my world, $1500 will not buy you anything with a Roundel on the hood that has any hopes of being safe dependable transportation for an inexperienced young driver. Maybe $5000, but even then, I doubt it.

On the other hand, I have sold these types of junkers to certain types of know it all customers:jerkoff:, whom I really didn't care whether their car started or not:loser: .

As for "today's BMW's being junk". I wouldn't know anything about that either. Again, I'm sure I don't know as much about that subject as you, although my daughter sells 'em for a living. Thinking back, I've only owned a couple dozen late model BMWs, so I'm guessing that doesn't qualify me as the knowledgeable expert that you must be.

My apologies to MarcoM3 for the hijack. I'm just trying to have a little fun on the forum and make new friends. My last response.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Randarosa said:
Mr. Loco:
'Obviously', you're correct! I've got a different opinion, so I must not have any idea what I'm talking about. I'm sure you've got more experience on the matter than I do. I've only been in the automobile business 32 years, and have sold, maybe 10,000 cars. My memory's a little fuzzy, bear with me....that's right, I sold just under 100 last month.

Furthermore, I guess I've sold several hundred, if not a thousand or more cars to moms and dads looking to buy a good starter car for their precious young uns. The concept of putting anyone's sixteen year old daughter in a 240,000 mile 20-25 plus year old BMW (which is all you're gonna buy for your $1500), and expecting it to start EVERY TIME YOU PUT THE KEY IN IT is ludicrous. I don't want my kid, your kid, or anyone else's kid to be in a car that I sold them that doesn't have a good probability or returning that kid home safe to momma every time . In my world, $1500 will not buy you anything with a Roundel on the hood that has any hopes of being safe dependable transportation for an inexperienced young driver. Maybe $5000, but even then, I doubt it.

On the other hand, I have sold these types of junkers to certain types of know it all customers:jerkoff:, whom I really didn't care whether their car started or not:loser: .

As for "today's BMW's being junk". I wouldn't know anything about that either. Again, I'm sure I don't know as much about that subject as you, although my daughter sells 'em for a living. Thinking back, I've only owned a couple dozen late model BMWs, so I'm guessing that doesn't qualify me as the knowledgeable expert that you must be.

My apologies to MarcoM3 for the hijack. I'm just trying to have a little fun on the forum and make new friends. My last response.
Like marco said Lets drop this,But its your money not mine so do what u want i honestly dont care, i cant change your mind :stickpoke

1 - 14 of 14 Posts