MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search in here but did not find exactly what I was looking for. Some people use the stock mirrors place to mount stuff when using bar end mirrors. In my case, I use both stock mirrors so that is not an option.

I saw the other day an after market brake fluid reservoir cap that had an extended lip on both ends with a hole each side where you can screw in the RAM ball mount and get a flat panel to sit either a radar detector or any other device.

But I cant find this anywhere and all the reservoir caps that have mounts in them do not fir the shape on our MV's

Has anyone knows what I am talking about? Where can I get that. If not, any other ideas for Brutale radar mounts? I am in TX where they are legal so no need to hide them under head light.

Thanks, as always

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I saw that one before, but in the Brutale, with the handlebar to much higher than the fork tube, the V-one will be sitting too low. Am I right?

That is why I was looking for something that could be mounted on the reservoir right behind the mirror's mount and that would sit quite high and on sight.

The one you posted looks good for the F4 though (but mine is already mounted in the front fairing, left side, using same velcro you mentioned)

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
Well, on my S4Rs Ducati I used a Tech Mount handle bar mount with the short arm and that set the platform just right...behind the fly screen and centered....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
I don't have one, but I have seen one mounted on the fork tube of an F4 at my local shop....
If I were to order one, and I will in the very near future, it will be that one.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered it already, but I think the fork diameters are different on the f4 and brutales. Maybe I am wrong. I will let you know when I get it in.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
I do know folks who have bought Ram Balls and drilled out the existing threaded connection, drilled and tapped a new hole, then threaded a rod in that matched whatever mounting hole they wanted to use....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got two different mounts on the mail today. Both very nice, well done and superb finish. The one in the link above does not fit the brutale's fork heads as these have no space on the inside to grab from. If you have a Brutale you go see the heads and will understand what I am talking about. If not, more than happy to show some pictures here

The other one is a handle bar mount, which fits like a glove and has different rotations and has a flat surface to put a radar detector, mp3, iphone, video camera, etc.

So I have mounted the other one on the f4 and looks great.

·
Super Moderator
22,462 Posts
Well, now...I do have a Brutale 1090RR to look at (my wife's bike)...so i will take a look tomorrow as I am working today.

Glad to hear you got is sorted though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Make room???

If you would please, I would like to see a photo of your GPS mounted on your F4. There does not seen to be any room forward of the triple clamp do to the fairing.
THANKS BobL."02F2

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did not mount a GPS, although I think I could (if I had one) with the space between bracket and windshield.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I uploaded pictures to my gallery (under "Mounts") of the mounts and settings I have for each bike on the radar detector. On the Brutale I so far got the handlebar mounted. Still need to buy the pieces for the radar conection.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts