MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
People do not seem to like the 7100 very much, at least from what i have read. I personally have never used it. I do however use 300v 15w50 and I recommend it. I am going to switch to Amsoil my next change just to see how it compares.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have not tried Amsoil in my MV, but did switch from Motul to Amsoil in my DUC. It seems to shift smoother...or maybe I'm just drinking the cool aid!! Either way, I like it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have used it in my Aprilia, proved to be the best (compare with Agip and Silkolene) even better than Motul 300V, but it was a V2 engine (Rotax V990).
I believe that for Agusta 300V is a much better choice, but certainly 7100 will not fail.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
300V is OK for the first 2000km after that it breaks down. You can tell by the gear changes being notchy especially when the outside temperature is hot, ie 28+C and above.

I find the Amsoil does not break down, I get constantly smooth gear changes and the temperature raise much slower in traffic when on Amsoil.

·
Registered
371 Posts
300v is race oil, which deliver less protection compare with 7100. Race oil has shorter change period.

This is what motul agent said to me.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
300v is race oil, which deliver less protection compare with 7100. Race oil has shorter change period.

This is what motul agent said to me.
WHAT!!! you buy race type oils to give you more protection at the extreme rev range.

Fair enough, you need to change oil more often in race condition that's expected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts