MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering what countries in Europe still do not have compulsory MOT to be done for motorbikes. I know that France does not have one yet (although a plan is being discussed) and also know that Germany has one that you should take every two years.

Would you know what is going on in other European countries?

Thanks for your help.

Frenchie.

·
Registered
606 Posts
In Germany we have 0,3% CO to be passed at our 2 years control for bikes with oxygen sensors.

Just get off your air filter and run a little lean for the test :smoking:.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
in Australia we dont you get a road worthy when you buy it and that it till you sell it

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Clint .. Are you sure about that ?

I think he's right .
My friend moved over there and took his mondeo with him, I think he had to take it for a "Manx test" and then that was it, never needs an MOT

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
I think he's right .
My friend moved over there and took his mondeo with him, I think he had to take it for a "Manx test" and then that was it, never needs an MOT
That must be it...

I sold my Ducati Foggy Replica to a guy on the IOM and he needed a set of OEM silencers for the MOT.. After that he could refit the Ti Termi's and not need the OEM silencers anymore..

Not a bad system really.. Why can't we have the same as the IOM one off MOT set up.. Hopefully Health & Safety stops at the Steam Packet Heysham docks and the IOM doesn't become like it is over here...

·
Registered
654 Posts
In Holland there is no requirement for a motorcycle MOT, and I can't say that I'd like one introduced!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thanks to Rutte we won't be able to afford our MV's long enough to worry about an EU enforced APK (MOT)!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Dangerously wading back into the "personal freedom" differences between our cultures, Bubbavillians have never heard of MOT, can't spell MOT, don't know what MOT stands for.......and don't have to pay for MOT.

In my county, we do have to register our vehicles annually, typically paying some sort of ad valorem tax, but are not subject to vehicle inspections, or emission inspections.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No MOT in Finland. Some people were talking about that there should be one but it is not going to happen in the near future.
But if you change anything to your bike than it becomes illegal. If you don't get controled then there is no problem.
I have been pulled over plenty of times but as the MV Agusta F4 is rare, no one has noticed the modifications I have done to the exhaust, blinkers etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts