1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
They must have forgotten about the Brute, or got paid by Ducati. If you read thier review of teh Brutale, they absolutely loved it, both the 750 and 910. If I remember right, they said the thing was like the funnest bike they've ever been on and thier only complaint was the front end was too stiff on bumpy roads... I KNOW FOR A FACT they'de think differently if they rode an R...

US mags are stupid anyways....

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oicdn said:
They must have forgotten about the Brute, or got paid by Ducati. If you read thier review of teh Brutale, they absolutely loved it, both the 750 and 910. If I remember right, they said the thing was like the funnest bike they've ever been on and thier only complaint was the front end was too stiff on bumpy roads... I KNOW FOR A FACT they'de think differently if they rode an R...

US mags are stupid anyways....
yes,
the US mags ARE stupid
nonetheless..... to pick the S4RS over the Brutale 910 would be seen as ridiculous to any impartial jury

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just like all the car mags I get its all about the ad revenue and the use of test vehicles that sway results. Ferrari and Porsche are notorious for winning comparos with points in bogus categories like "got to have it factor". Now I just look at the pics and read the tech data!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I haven't picked up the mag.... but which bikes did they include for the test?

Price prolly has a lot to do with it! I'm not fond of the S4RS myself(former owner of S4R), but for the money, you do get a lot a goodies! I still wouldn't buy it however!

910R is still the baddest boy in all the land.....

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
261 Posts
Motorcyclist Magazine is probably one of the weakest bike mags. When you look at the overall quality of infomation there is really not much to offer. You could pick up any British Bike mag published in the last 30 days and there will be a mention of a MV Agusta, whether it be the new F41000R or the Brutale. The Brits understand sportbikes and generally love the MV in all its forms. Motorcyclist magazine did not mention the Brutale even as an also ran. Those guys are a bunch of paid off putzes. Just my HO.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
431 Posts
spalding12 said:
give me a freakin' break
horrible ergonomics
mini gas tank
ugly bike...

and it gets naked BOTY over the Brutale

have they ever ridden a brutale?

ok......
i'm off my soapbox
FWIW, the BOTY decission is mostly made by Boehhm...with some input from the other staffers (especially in the years since Cook left his post). He's a big dude and the Brutale is NOT a big dude's bike, so probably isn't as much fun for a big dude to ride. Further, BOTY tends to be awarded to bikes which have significantly advanced over previous offerings AND are easily available to the general public. The 910 makes very few changes outside of displacement and is NOT widely available. It is a niche bike, and was thus probably never even in the running.

To top it all off I suspect MV was not very cooperative about providing a bike or letting it sit in the garage for very long.

Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Well, what did they say about the Monster that made them give it bike of the year? Maybe they're baised toward four cyclinder naked bikes? :confused:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
giomanach said:
FWIW, the BOTY decission is mostly made by Boehhm...with some input from the other staffers (especially in the years since Cook left his post). He's a big dude and the Brutale is NOT a big dude's bike, so probably isn't as much fun for a big dude to ride. Further, BOTY tends to be awarded to bikes which have significantly advanced over previous offerings AND are easily available to the general public. The 910 makes very few changes outside of displacement and is NOT widely available. It is a niche bike, and was thus probably never even in the running.

To top it all off I suspect MV was not very cooperative about providing a bike or letting it sit in the garage for very long.

Just my humble opinion.
Yes. The MOTY criteria for selection includes only models that are all-new or significantly upgraded, and widely available to the general public.

IMHO, their MOTY award to the Daytona 675 was plausible; and most of their category selections were decent, if uncreative:

Best Sportbike: GSX-R750
Best Adventure Bike: R1200GS-A
Best Touring Bike: R1200RT
Best Naked Bike: Monster S4Rs
Best Dream Bike: Desmosedici RR
Best Bang For Buck: Ninja 650R
Best Cruiser: Star Roadliner S

MVs are SO beyond comparison with anything else!! I love a bunch of other bikes and brands, but MV is motorcycles and motorcycling to me.

How about a new thread with posts of OUR categories and choices. Hmmmmm... Think I'll start one.

Holla' Back!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
giomanach said:

Just my humble opinion.
thanks for this insight
i can see what you mean...
but, i usually have respect for Boehm...
but, (and forget that i like MVs)... this seems a bit ridiculous...
no offense to my friend, Stuart...
who is getting a new pearl white S4Rs

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WYD OPN said:
Yes. The MOTY criteria for selection includes only models that are all-new or significantly upgraded, and widely available to the general public.

IMHO, their MOTY award to the Daytona 675 was plausible; and most of their category selections were decent, if uncreative:

Best Sportbike: GSX-R750
Best Adventure Bike: R1200GS-A
Best Touring Bike: R1200RT
Best Naked Bike: Monster S4Rs
Best Dream Bike: Desmosedici RR
Best Bang For Buck: Ninja 650R
Best Cruiser: Star Roadliner S

MVs are SO beyond comparison with anything else!! I love a bunch of other bikes and brands, but MV is motorcycles and motorcycling to me.

How about a new thread with posts of OUR categories and choices. Hmmmmm... Think I'll start one.

Holla' Back!
weird choice in the R1200RT....
over the K1200GT

but...
at least they thought of BMW a few times

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
spalding12 said:
weird choice in the R1200RT....
over the K1200GT

but...
at least they thought of BMW a few times
Agreed, but they had no Sport Touring category. But, I just love all the choices with BMW's current model lineup. K-bikes, R-bikes, and now F-bikes... something for everyone. Next to MVs, Bimmers rule.

Hey, Greg... Now that you have arguably the top TWO choices in all of motorcycling; how about number THREE? F4R... F4R... F4R!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
WYD OPN said:
Agreed, but they had no Sport Touring category. But, I just love all the choices with BMW's current model lineup. K-bikes, R-bikes, and now F-bikes... something for everyone. Next to MVs, Bimmers rule.

Hey, Greg... Now that you have arguably the top TWO choices in all of motorcycling; how about number THREE? F4R... F4R... F4R!
i'd LOVE to hear the F4R to "complete" my set

but.....
to really COMPLETE my ITALIAN garage.... i STILL want a VESPA, to be quite honest

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
spalding12 said:
i'd LOVE to hear the F4R to "complete" my set

but.....
to really COMPLETE my ITALIAN garage.... i STILL want a VESPA, to be quite honest

As with the 910R, I'd be more than happy to pick up the Vespa if it arrives while you are on vacation. I could do the break-in mileage at the X-Games! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

BTW... Vlad may have one for sale. j/k :yo:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts