MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
The review just published, but I wonder when they actually rode the F3 in this test? From what I understand from forum owners it's much improved form it's earlier launch issues but this review still talks about it from those early days. So has it improved or not?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Open letter to suryad:
Please bring that RSV4 to the BubbaLeecious 5 track day and have the balls to ride in the advanced group.
Why?
Because it ain't what you ride it's the way you ride it.
Fact.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Open letter to suryad:
Please bring that RSV4 to the BubbaLeecious 5 track day and have the balls to ride in the advanced group.
Why?
Fact.
Open reply to The_castle : agreed about your sentiment. Will try to make it to Bubbalicious. Planning on tracking in august at road Atlanta. Dunno about advanced cause I don't know the tracks here. But with all due respect what does that have to do with some links I shared with the community? Nothing actually. Just sharing what I found. So please get off your high horse and don't talk about my balls.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The review just published, but I wonder when they actually rode the F3 in this test? From what I understand from forum owners it's much improved form it's earlier launch issues but this review still talks about it from those early days. So has it improved or not?
I think the review is quite harsh on the MV but if you read the section about the bike they really liked it. So I say wtf how could it do so poorly if they liked it so much?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
My horse is not that high.

But if you want to make comments like this...

"This thread has gotten really interesting. I try to take the middle man's approach. I like MV but I am not blinded by it's obvious flaws when compared to other brands. Gonna have to side with monsieur Chase on this one. I think he is more open to MV criticisms and accepting of MV praise than most of the folks on this forum. I believe no one means to attack anyone personally because everyone here is a gentleman, but some times being passionate over the internet on a forum can be misconstrued...something gets lost in translation I suppose. My 2 cents." (from here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=617305#post617305 )

...in threads then don't be surprised when someone calls you out.

In addition to that you do post up a pile of links to tests of bikes.
For example:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54151
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54151
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53212
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53211
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52964
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47915

What I'm suggesting is, with your comments regarding MV Agusta being inferior brand to the RSV4, come to the BubbaLeecious and show us how it's done.
Or acknowledge that it ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it and you're likely to be slower on a track - where these bikes are designed to be ridden - than several MV riding attendees of the track day.
Sound about right?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yep I do post a pile of links because I find reviews fascinating and the MV forum members also have good discussions and I learn a lot from that. If owners come out and say oh that's bogus in the review because I don't experience that...that kind of data is important to me because I want another MV in my garage. Inferior thought it might be the marque will have a special place in my heart :).

As for going to the track and showing people up haha I don't hold myself that high. I can hold my own when I know the layout but no way will I be hauling ass right away. I do know that I am quicker on the ape than I am on the MV and that's a fact. I do know I am more confident on the ape. Friends who have ridden my bikes also echo the same sentiments. It is not unreasonable either to see a lot of people rave about other brands than MV and come to the conclusion that MV is a bit rough around the edges.

I think it is perfectly OK to call me out but please don't pollute this thread with any personal issues you may have with me. I couldn't care less about that but I do care about owners of the F3 sharing their agreement/disagreement on this thread. And if Admin feels this thread is inappropriate he can close it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
LOL! So your grand plan is to win a trackday? I didn't know it takes balls to ride in the advanced group. Are you guys not courteous at the track or something?

Grid up. This shit at a trackday is a recipe for disaster.

Open letter to suryad:
Why?
Fact.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Your interpretation of what I said is incorrect.

Here is exactly what I said:
What I'm suggesting is, with your comments regarding MV Agusta being inferior brand to the RSV4, come to the BubbaLeecious and show us how it's done.
Or acknowledge that it ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it and you're likely to be slower on a track - where these bikes are designed to be ridden - than several MV riding attendees of the track day."

Not necessarily me. Several others that may or may not include me.

The Bubba track days are courteous events.
There have been three. I have attended them all.
You are welcome too.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I think I said it all over on the 675 vs F3 thread :laughing:

It does make me laugh. A few years back "refined" used to mean it was very good at what it was designed to do but was boring and characterless in its execution (Honda) and despite any failings they would pick the one that stirs the soul any day.
Reading their thoughts on the MV you'd think that yearning was still the same today but it seems they think with their heads now instead of their hearts?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think I said it all over on the 675 vs F3 thread :laughing:

It does make me laugh. A few years back "refined" used to mean it was very good at what it was designed to do but was boring and characterless in its execution (Honda) and despite any failings they would pick the one that stirs the soul any day.
Reading their thoughts on the MV you'd think that yearning was still the same today but it seems they think with their heads now instead of their hearts?
+1

·
Registered
814 Posts
I think also, that bikes have gotten so good these days that they have to get more nit-picky about the smaller things to be able to set them apart

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Look at the big picture . MV Agusta , Ducati , Aprilia , BMW and Triumph are considered the Premium brands in the Superbike class and now in the Supersport class with the Japanese playing catch up . And when I say this it doesn't mean the Japanese brands are junk . ALL the above and the japanese make excellent motorcycles . The Moto Journalist has to LOOK for something and nit pick for something to write about .
But when you look at the big picture the European brands have taken so much of the Japanese market share ( little by little every year) it has become NON Motorcyclist news . FNN (financial news Network) even did a piece on European Motorcycle companies resurgence.
What your seeing is like David Vs Goliath but instead of one lucky shot David has been Standing toe to toe with Goliath and kicking his ass for the past few years.

As for MV in Particular they have went from near bankruptcy to growing steadily adding new models to the line , being financially stable even racing.
CASTLE is correct the rider is the most important performance component on a motorcycle and the motorcycles have been better than the riders for YEARS now (a decade roughly?) With MVs growth there are going to be growing pains . They will fix the fueling problems . Look at the basic package with the F3 . An inline triple with a 15,000 rpm redline! your looking at F1 tech at an AFFORDABLE price and on a brand new model .
Moto journalist nit picking should TRY doing a original unique performance build themselves before knocking others .

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Akers- Deadhead its the making of an extreme amount of horsepower in an engine with little displacement at High RPM. Then asking for velvet smooth power delivery. Ask Ford to make a 950hp Mustang or Toyota to make a 950hp Celica GT with a smooth power delivery and a linear power band and see what you would get ? PS Ford/Toyota bring those 2 models out in 2 years ready for market.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Look at the big picture . MV Agusta , Ducati , Aprilia , BMW and Triumph are considered the Premium brands in the Superbike class and now in the Supersport class with the Japanese playing catch up . And when I say this it doesn't mean the Japanese brands are junk . ALL the above and the japanese make excellent motorcycles . The Moto Journalist has to LOOK for something and nit pick for something to write about .
But when you look at the big picture the European brands have taken so much of the Japanese market share ( little by little every year) it has become NON Motorcyclist news . FNN (financial news Network) even did a piece on European Motorcycle companies resurgence.
What your seeing is like David Vs Goliath but instead of one lucky shot David has been Standing toe to toe with Goliath and kicking his ass for the past few years.

As for MV in Particular they have went from near bankruptcy to growing steadily adding new models to the line , being financially stable even racing.
CASTLE is correct the rider is the most important performance component on a motorcycle and the motorcycles have been better than the riders for YEARS now (a decade roughly?) With MVs growth there are going to be growing pains . They will fix the fueling problems . Look at the basic package with the F3 . An inline triple with a 15,000 rpm redline! your looking at F1 tech at an AFFORDABLE price and on a brand new model .
Moto journalist nit picking should TRY doing a original unique performance build themselves before knocking others .
Great sensible post that leaves the emotion out of it & uses an analytical approach, something I do in my normal work life but for the life of me can't do when it come to motorcycles or MV Agusta in particular.

Certainly if the journalists can't find something to pick at they are in a manner of speaking making themselves redundant - also they are a necessary tool for those who wish to argue the merits of motorcycles that they have never ridden, will never ride or have any real intention of purchasing - ready made 'factual' excuse as to why they shouldn't but can still speak authoritatively on it and feel vindicated by it.

The only caveat I would place on Dave's statement "It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it" is what the intended purpose is, If it is to:

* To get the best out of the motorcycle,

* To use the technology to its intended limits,

* To gain enjoyment from taking a bike to its limits (or close to)

* To ride around a track in the best possible times.

Then Dave is undeniably & unequivocally 100% CORRECT!

If the intended purpose is to nourish the soul then I would argue it is what you ride because if that's what you have your heart set on (then it is akin to love & passion) then is what will give you the greatest pleasure, warts & all! #

It is a notion not a tangible thing therefore unreviewable - we as humans don't like that, we like things we can measure.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Great sensible post that leaves the emotion out of it & uses an analytical approach, something I do in my normal work life but for the life of me can't do when it come to motorcycles or MV Agusta in particular.

Certainly if the journalists can't find something to pick at they are in a manner of speaking making themselves redundant - also they are a necessary tool for those who wish to argue the merits of motorcycles that they have never ridden, will never ride or have any real intention of purchasing - ready made 'factual' excuse as to why they shouldn't but can still speak authoritatively on it and feel vindicated by it.

The only caveat I would place on Dave's statement "It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it" is what the intended purpose is, If it is to:

* To get the best out of the motorcycle,

* To use the technology to its intended limits,

* To gain enjoyment from taking a bike to its limits (or close to)

* To ride around a track in the best possible times.

Then Dave is undeniably & unequivocally 100% CORRECT!

If the intended purpose is to nourish the soul then I would argue it is what you ride because if that's what you have your heart set on (then it is akin to love & passion) what is are on is what will give the greatest pleasure, warts & all!

It is a notion not a tangible thing therefore unreviewable - we as humans don't like that, we like things we can measure.
Rob...that's spot on.
Explains why we all bought F4's when they first come out over a decade ago :)

God, im old:-(

·
Registered
241 Posts
If the intended purpose is to nourish the soul then I would argue it is what you ride because if that's what you have your heart set on (then it is akin to love & passion) what is are on is what will give the greatest pleasure, warts & all!
+1...well said

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thanks MVista , I am 48 years old and I and everyone else in my era, NEVER thought the day would come that the Japanese would be trailing European Motorcycle manufacturers in the literbike class.
Manufacturing/retooling technology must have gotten much more efficient for these upstart companies to create such modern high tech designs right out of the box. Look at the high tech Horex VR6. First year of production powered by a 1200cc 3 valve per cylinder, TRIPLE overhead cam, 15 degree V-6 engine . Or the FGR 2500 a 2500cc V-6 sportbike from Czech started production 2011 after a 2 year engineering plan..

MVista BTW the best handling production bike was until recently( closed this year) was made in a small factory in Maryland USA but there best sales area was AUSTRAILIA have you seen /heard of the FISCHER MRX 650? If your into chassis design check the Fischer MRX 650 it is the only production motorcycle to use a ONE PIECE BILLET ALUMINUM CHASSIS and comes stock with ohlins suspension FRONT and rear .

MotoGP tech chassis, ohlins suspension and looks great IMHO . Why didn't sales take off? the engine is a Hyosung 650cc v-twin . Best handing bike with an engine you cant race. AND the Hyosung being Korean is made with LOW grade metal.Hyosung = built well, but quickly wears.

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
+1...well said
Not really - that was grammatically appalling as I hadn't proof read it (I rarely do with posts made at work) - now fixed :eek:

I am happy you were able to read through the illiteracy & pick up up on the sentiment, thank you. :)

It should have read as follows:

If the intended purpose is to nourish the soul, then I would argue it is what you ride because if that's what you have your heart set on (which is akin to love & passion) then THAT is what will give you the greatest pleasure, warts & all!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts