MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 1000R with 38k miles. I was at the track and it just died! Took it to Elk Grove Powersports and he said a bearing went out and then the timing chain broke and then the valves and some other parts broke. Est $5700 in parts and $2500 in labor.. Anyone with suggestions on what I should do?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I have a 2007 1000R with 38k miles. I was at the track and it just died! Took it to Elk Grove Powersports and he said a bearing went out and then the timing chain broke and then the valves and some other parts broke. Est $5700 in parts and $2500 in labor.. Anyone with suggestions on what I should do?
I have an excellent cylinder head off a 1000 R c/w camshafts ..If you buy this you'll be moving the decimal point to the left ; )

It is located in Massachusetts which would help with post.

I also have a set of brand new con rods.

I don't know how easy it is to get to your crank bearing shell or whether the crank journal is damaged ?

Do a search in maintenance under "cylinder head and camshafts" There are some pics there.

joe

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Ryan, also if you decide to fix the motor, we have lots of parts for the old (pre-2010_ motors that I can sell to you at a significant discount. If you get me a list of what you need I can see which parts we can provide.
But at any rate, I think an engine replacement will be more cost effective also because it is a lot less labor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts