MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 1000R with 38k miles. I was at the track and it just died! Took it to Elk Grove Powersports and he said a bearing went out and then the timing chain broke and then the valves and some other parts broke. Est $5700 in parts and $2500 in labor.. Anyone with suggestions on what I should do?:cry:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have a 2007 1000R with 38k miles. I was at the track and it just died! Took it to Elk Grove Powersports and he said a bearing went out and then the timing chain broke and then the valves and some other parts broke. Est $5700 in parts and $2500 in labor.. Anyone with suggestions on what I should do?:cry:

for that money get a replacement motor, i doubt there is much left usable if you knackered the bottom end AND the head.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
My suggestion would be to buy the bike that Gregg has for sale. Keep the motor and sell all the fancy parts. I think he wants $11,500 for it. Part it out and you'll make enough that you'll own the engine for nothing.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Doxtream , check in a motorcycle salvage. Most Salvage yards now are registered in a nationwide pool which can locate parts all over the country . ALSO: being we are lucky enough to have so many members from the UK post a finders fee for an engine. European salvage yards/classifieds are more likely to find MV Parts being the USA isn't really a big Motorcycle country ( Example : there are 4 times as many motorcycle riders in Germany alone , than the entire USA. Sorry cant remember source but it makes sense with 100,000 people showing up for a MotoGP in USA 1500 people show up for Daytona race) BTW im sure the salvage yards in Europe have a locating pool also. Just be careful of dollar exchange rate as the USA dollar is so weak.

Sorry I didn't see Crash2 much post . problems solved . Good luck

·
Registered
14,210 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wow Noel, from that graph you can see why all the bike manufacturers are flocking to India and China, Not just the cheap labour but look at the size of there local market.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts