• Maybe, not sure yet

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motomarathon is a new sport started in Colorado. In a nut shell it involves hitting as many notches, peaks, and passes as we can over a four day period.

Motomarathon is a sport touring event lasting four days. Each day each rider will ride about 400 miles. The night prior check points will be given out, it is up to the rider to determine which route he will take to get to each check point. Once at a check point the rider will take a picture of his bike at the check point to prove he was there at the end of the day he will pass those pictures to the organizers for points. The rider will technically have 24 hours to complete the route, but we encourage each rider to get plenty of sleep and ride during the hours of day light.

We are finalizing the plans for Motomarathon New England 2010 with dates of May 13-16 (the weekend after Mother's Day). It will Start in CT on Thursday the 13th and will end in CT on Sunday the 16th.

We will ride into VT and into NH's White Mountains where we will be based out of. Each day we will ride 400 miles as mentioned. We will hit all 6 states in New England.
If you are a real rider, it will be a blast. You can ride anything you would like.

Check out:
http://www.motomarathon.com/home.html
Motor Cyclist Magazine has written a number of articles on this event, currently there is an article on the December issue, page 7.

So what do you Say?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be great Carl!
I have day two planned out in the white mountains.
I need some help with "good" check points in VT for day 1, and ME for day 3.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am defintely in..probably riding the Duc though.

I went to college at UVM (Burlington, VT) so i can come up wiht a lot of points in that state. If you need any help, drop me a line.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that site is AWESOME.

Do you think we can spark some interest with the Cranky Yankees?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am defintely in..probably riding the Duc though.

I went to college at UVM (Burlington, VT) so i can come up wiht a lot of points in that state. If you need any help, drop me a line.
Csimon,
I can certainly use some help on the first leg of the trip (day one). We will leave out of Brookfield, CT and end in Shelburne, NH (where we will be based out of, 3 nights). If you know of some Notches, peaks, passes that we can incorporate as check point for the 400 mile ride (give or take a few miles).

You are welcomed to ride the Duc, I will be riding the Aprilia

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is it a round trip of 400 miles from Shelburne to Shelburne? If so, let me put together a top 10 points of interest that would make a great route.

stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it a round trip of 400 miles from Shelburne to Shelburne? If so, let me put together a top 10 points of interest that would make a great route.

stay tuned...
Day one will leave from Brookfield, CT and end at Shelburne, NH.
Day 2 and 3 will be round trips
Day 4 will be from Shelburne to Brookfield.

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
I would reccomend gettnig a hold of Ted Gooch from NEDOC. He rides that area alot as do many of the members of NEDOC. Here is a link to the website: http://nedoc.org/forums/index.php

I am interested, but it is work scedule dependent.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went on their site and registered, when ever they approve me I will post the event on their site.
Thanks for the tip.

It would be great if you could join us. it would be fun even if you only join for Sat and Sun.

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
Problem for me is rotating work shifts...I work three out of every six weekends and that is one of my currently scheduled working weekends.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is an awesome idea! I plan on participating, and currently live in the seacoast area of NH. I will get with some of the riding groups that I ride with to try to generate more interest. Let me know what else I can do to help.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Problem for me is rotating work shifts...I work three out of every six weekends and that is one of my currently scheduled working weekends.
That kind of sucks, maybe you can work something out.
This is an awesome idea! I plan on participating, and currently live in the seacoast area of NH. I will get with some of the riding groups that I ride with to try to generate more interest. Let me know what else I can do to help.
If you know some good points we can use as check points in Maine let me know!
If you pass the word and get people to check out www.Motomarathon.com that would be Awesome!! :drummer:

Ohh yeah, There is an article on the first Motomarathon in Motor Cyclist Magazine December issue, page 7. Check it out:yo:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Route Planning is almost complete! It looks like it will be an average of 380 miles per day, and 11 hrs of riding at posted speeds. We will hit all 6 states in New England.

Currently working on hotels in CT, and in NH where we will be for 3 nights.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gentlemen,

This is picking up steam!

Thank you to those who have spread the word to other forums! Please do send me a link to those threads I would love to answer any questions or concerns members might have.
The interest level on this forum is a bit lower then other forums but thank you to all how have shown interest.
This is going to be a great event!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sparukus,

Have we finallized some dates?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It looks like it will be May 13, 14, 15, 16 as planned.
There has been no request for different dates so I have been working around those dates. I am waiting on a few dealerships to say they will "sponsor" us to make the date Solid, so you can count on May 13-16!

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
This is the same weekend as Beaver Run....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts