MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just got my subframe from motoholders and I cant wait to put it one.

The construction quality is amazing and the weight saving ridiculous. I cannot believe how much the oem sub frame weights.

When I was taking all the cables out, I notice a little something with the word UP and I can't figure what is that. (check the picture)

My idea is to place all the cables near the battery box since I'm installing a small Ballistic 8 Cell battery.

I will post some pictures when I finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics of the new sub frame and a new little challenge... the exhaust holders... how the hell Im going to attach the exhaust... I think Im going to take it to a aluminum welding shop and let them work on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
thought about getting that one too, will it still be possible to install the passenger seat? looks like there (currently) is no option to mount the ABS or passenger seats as of now.

Probably it's not possible to ride with a passenger as well because of the weight?

·
Super Moderator
22,491 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thought about getting that one too, will it still be possible to install the passenger seat? looks like there (currently) is no option to mount the ABS or passenger seats as of now.

Probably it's not possible to ride with a passenger as well because of the weight?

This is a racing version. Motoholders state that is stronger than OEM.

For the street you don't need this.

·
Registered
396 Posts
yes I know but I also ride the bike on the street (as of now). If I switch the fairings I don't want to switch the rear frame every time ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Here are some pics of the new sub frame and a new little challenge... the exhaust holders... how the hell Im going to attach the exhaust... I think Im going to take it to a aluminum welding shop and let them work on this.
Couple other things you may have to deal with. I have the same sub frame btw.

The quick fastener for the back of the seat is a larger type than the type & size used most of the time. The sub frame doesn't come with this part, but the hole for it is located perfectly.

Motoholders does not provide a good mount point/s for the race seat/tail fairing to solidly mount to the sub frame near the back of the sub frame. We welded on a couple tabs for quick fasteners.

We weighed the seat, tail section & sub frame in stock trim and in race trim. >90% weight savings.

Best of Luck :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts