MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..... look who/what is on top of the pile in day 2 !!! May be a very competitive season. :grin2:

And Maverick has certainly gotten the feel for his new ride.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sepang test completed. That Maverick kid looks to be a contender!!! Very close times at the top. KTM has some work to do!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wings !!

They just hid them a little bit......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
IF Nothing else the new ground effects look one hell of a lot better than the extruding inglets of last year. if they doubled as forced air intake the fim would be hard pressed to call them a component for the use of down force. They actually look like forced air units.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Bumpkin, years ago the steel trellis tube chassis was deemed to flexy and if enough steel added to stop flex the chassis became TOO stiff.(in high horsepower conditions) Ducati stated at one time they ran out of room to add flexable steel tubing . Hence the Monoque program was started. NOW the MV F4RC despite using asteel trellis steel tube chassis is the best handling motorcycle on the WSBK grid? This year MV is looking great considering age of unit.
Iam very excited for the 2017 season to start. SO many unknowns to be answered.

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, nobody else wanted to say it: Casey Stoner is faster than Jorge. Casey come back.
Jorge has not adapted as quickly to his new ride as Maverick and The Maniac did to theirs!! Sorry Jorge, it's mid-pack for you! >:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Jorge has not adapted as quickly to his new ride as Maverick and The Maniac did to theirs!! Sorry Jorge, it's mid-pack for you! >:)
That isn't even the worst of it for Jorge.

Iannone is faster right now on the Suzuki.

Ducati dumped Iannone for Jorge and you can bet your last dollar the maniac is going to take it out on him on the track and perhaps doing so with a better bike too.

Jorge is in for a brutal year of taking hard passes from the most dangerous rider in MotoGP.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yeah guys; one truncated test, and you have the whole season mapped out- why not save millions and hand out the trophies now!

This time last year Neal was telling us that Vale would walk the championship because of all the titles he had previously won on Michelins- remind me again, how did that go?

The truth is, it's the fact we DON'T KNOW how it will unfold that makes it so intriguing.

I have a feeling in my water that ol' Jorge might surprise a few people in Qatar!

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But first we get Phillip Island test.

I think the point is that of the top riders changing seats this year, Jorge has not adapted as quickly as the others.

Should be an exciting season!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah guys; one truncated test, and you have the whole season mapped out- why not save millions and hand out the trophies now!

This time last year Neal was telling us that Vale would walk the championship because of all the titles he had previously won on Michelins- remind me again, how did that go?

The truth is, it's the fact we DON'T KNOW how it will unfold that makes it so intriguing.

I have a feeling in my water that ol' Jorge might surprise a few people in Qatar!
Vale should have won, he was fastest last year on the Michelins.

Rider and mechanical errors got in the way.

Jorge will not win a single race next season.

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is an interesting prophesy ....I will wager Maverick wins more than few, and Suzuki will be on the podium regularly.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
That would be cool Ed, I hope Suzuki can keep things together.
I would be shocked (delighted too), if Jorge does not win a race this season, only serious injury could cause a rider like that to fail, and I'd not wish that upon him. That Ducati is a seriously good machine compared to 3-5 years ago.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Aprilia really improved also and Espargaro must be riding the wheels off the Suzuki. Never could see why Suzuki ( and Kawasaki) could never produce engines that made good power.
They where not slugs , don't get me wrong but there engines where never on par with Honda, Yamaha , Ducati even KTM. On the other side of the coin . Suzuki seemed to be great at producing a fantastic chassis. Suzuki should hire out the f1 engineering firm that made the 800cc v4 that made competitive power with the 990cc class years ago. Seemingly a match made in heaven ...... Illmore... They say the illmore 800cc v-4 had the power of the Japanese 990cc but the bike was an ill handling beast

·
Administrator
18,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Espargaro is not on a Suzuki.......

The Suzuki's are making good power now.
Kawasaki could...they just choose not to play in MotoGP.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Vale should have won, he was fastest last year on the Michelins.

Rider and mechanical errors got in the way.

Why should Vale have won? He only won two races (the same as Cal), not a lot for a man who "was fastest last year on the Michelins", and also made two unforced errors in Austin & Assen.

Agreed, he was very unlucky at Mugello, but the fact is that from early on he was falling behind in the standings.

The man who should have won is the man who did win, ie; the man who scored the most points (it's been that way since about 1977, I think- prior to that, riders could drop their worst score/scores.)

As for Jorge, I believe your prediction will be incorrect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts