MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm planning a trip from California to see the Phillip Island race and was hoping some MV locals could give me some advice on where to stay, (on the island, just off, or maybe even in Melbourne) ? Would the drive be crazy from Melbourne?
I should be flying in on Sat and out on Mon, so just need two nights.

Also, where is the best place to watch the race from with general admission tickets ?

Cheers,
Mako
04 Brutale S

·
Registered
507 Posts
Should be there, best place to stay is a place called Cows. It's on the island and melbourne is about an hour and a half. :highclap:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
yep, best place to stay is on the Island but accomadation can be hard/impossible to come by if planning on motels/hotels. Most people I know lease a house for the weekend.

The drive is normally about 1 1/2 hours on the freeway/highway from the city centre but add an extra 1/2 - 1 hour due to the Moto GP traffic, especially going back on Sunday. Add about 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour from the airport to the city.

my favourite vantage points are MG (one of the two slow corners) and Siberia (you get to see Honda, Siberia and heading up to turn 7 - best on the Honda side of Siberia) although turn 12 (onto the main straight) is also pretty good.

Suggest wander on Saturday and park your bum on Sunday.

i'll be there but on a 1978 900 SS Ducati as the trip to the Island is a four day/2500km ride with about 30 or so older Ducatis (it's called the Bloody Big Bevel Ride).

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'm camping,as prices on the island for accomodation are sky high.

This time of year you would be very lucky to get a place on the island.
Turn 12 would be ideal if:1)They had decent grandstands there.
2)There was a giant screen to watch the rest of the race.
Check out this link,it has everything you need www.phillipislandcircuit.com.au

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
emmevi125s said:
yep, best place to stay is on the Island but accomadation can be hard/impossible to come by if planning on motels/hotels. Most people I know lease a house for the weekend.

The drive is normally about 1 1/2 hours on the freeway/highway from the city centre but add an extra 1/2 - 1 hour due to the Moto GP traffic, especially going back on Sunday. Add about 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour from the airport to the city.

my favourite vantage points are MG (one of the two slow corners) and Siberia (you get to see Honda, Siberia and heading up to turn 7 - best on the Honda side of Siberia) although turn 12 (onto the main straight) is also pretty good.

Suggest wander on Saturday and park your bum on Sunday.

i'll be there but on a 1978 900 SS Ducati as the trip to the Island is a four day/2500km ride with about 30 or so older Ducatis (it's called the Bloody Big Bevel Ride).
What day will you be arriving?
Are you goin straight to the track?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys !!

I tried looking online for place in Cows.......seems like there all booked. We book a year in advance her for the Laguna race. It seems unlikely i'll be able to get a room on the island. Guess i'll try the towns just over the bridge.

Emmevi125...........4 days :jsm: where are you coming from ?

I should be comming in on Sat morning........just going to the race on Sun then flying out on Mon.

Cheers,
Mako

1 - 6 of 6 Posts