MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

What !!!!!!!!... Freeview in the UK just lost Moto GP next year to BT Sport...

It's not fair ..... Arrrrrrrr..

It sucks ass, and its bad for the sport, bad for british riders, viewing figures will drop through the floor as 90% of BT's customers are pensioners who think BT is still the only telecoms company in the UK, don't even realise theres more than 3 channels nowadays and they only watch gardeners world, country file and corrie.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
The first 7 rounds were not televised by SkyTV here in New Zealand who dropped the rights for 2013 so I went to the MotoGP website and subscribed to this seasons video coverage of the racing.
It's bloody brilliant!

So if you are a huge fan of the racing and want excellent uninterrupted coverage of all three classes practice / qualifying / racing then I'd highly recommend a visit to motogp.com

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Cheers Dave for the heads up on the Moto GP web site, but I'm a tight bast**D and I bet they charge for that privilege.

I’m still waiting for Betamax and 8 track tapes to make a come back...

Anyone want a Nintendo 64.. with a completed Golden Eye game in 007 mode.. :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Cheers Dave for the heads up on the Moto GP web site, but I'm a tight bast**D and I bet they charge for that privilege.

I’m still waiting for Betamax and 8 track tapes to make a come back...

Anyone want a Nintendo 64.. with a completed Golden Eye game in 007 mode.. :)

Amigo John,

It seems everyone around here has internet, and what more could we ask ?

About Nintendo, i still have Spectrum zx48 and a huge drawer full of games, so i´ll pass :stickpoke :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
John, I'm about to log in to the motogp coverage of Laguna Seca.
The entire season is 100 euros which includes access to full coverage of previous seasons back to the mid 1990's.
Subscription ends in November.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
For those in the U.S., Laguna Seca Qualifying is on Speed at 4:00pm Saturday CDT (5:00 Eastern), and the race is on Sunday at 3:30pm CDT (4:30 Eastern). Check your local listings. :)

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Cheers Dave..

I do like watching Moto GP, but no enough to shell out 100 Euros..

It know that sounds tight and somewhat silly, but too many races nowadays are just a series of track processions and not enough of edge of your seat action..

Now if the racing action was like it was in the old days, then I’d gladly pay 200 Euros to be entertained..

Cheers anyway for getting back to me with the costings..

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Well at least with Eurosport I've still got world and British superbikes to entertaining me, for the time being anyways?

Infact if I was Eurosport I would look into the possibility of getting onto freeview in the uk and push BSB and WSBK to p!ss off BT?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Well at least with Eurosport I've still got world and British superbikes to entertaining me, for the time being anyways?

Infact if I was Eurosport I would look into the possibility of getting onto freeview in the uk and push BSB and WSBK to p!ss off BT?
Yep..I agree. I hope BT has shot themselves in the foot with this one.
There's a 'recession on' ya know! (over here anyway):laughing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts