·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Down Hollywood Blvd. July 18
Jul 13, 2006

From a press release issued by Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix:

MotoGP Goes Hollywood

In advance of the 2006 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, the following MotoGP riders will take to Hollywood Blvd. at 3 pm on Tuesday, July 18, at 3 pm PT [Pacific Time] for a brief ride and photo opportunity for their fans. The street will be closed from Highland to Orange Ave, the length of the Hollywood and Highland complex, and in front of the Chinese Theater. All of the MotoGP fans in Southern California are encouraged to come out and cheer on their favorite riders in this unique opportunity in America.

Nicky Hayden (USA, Owensboro, KY) – Current MotoGP championship leader. First American to lead series since 2000. Defending champion of Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix.

Colin Edwards (USA, Houston) – Camel Yamaha Team

Sete Gibernau (Spain) – Marlboro Ducati

John Hopkins (USA, San Diego) – Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Team

Shinya Nakano (Japan) – Kawasaki MotoGP Team

Casey Stoner (Australia) – LCR Honda Team

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Mika said:
i've never been up there, where shd I park?
I think it's more of a when, than where. Park as early as possible. Hollywood & Highland has a large garage, but I imagine it'll fill up early. On the other hand, the subway runs all day, and there's an entrance half a block away.
Wish I could make it, but I'm missing the whole GP :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
If anyone goes and can get extra autographs, anyone want to do me a favor? :later:

I wish i could be there! Too bad i am not in Southern California at the moment. Can't wait for Moto GP! :drummer:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too bad I will be busy then, if it was 2 hours earlier it would have been perfect for me, since I work just a few blocks away @ the Hollywood Bowl...

It is always a zoo there, tons of tourist, and major nightmare in terms of traffic on daily basis (PITA since I have to go there everyday), so get there early! if you don't want to pay for parking you can always look for street parking a few blocks away(west perhaps, around La Brea would be less crowded) especially if you ride.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
boring? you are on the MV forum here? we are all motorcycle enthusiast...

Thanks for the pics, keep'em coming if you got more. BTW, did you get autographs or some freebies?

isn't that Sete's girl with Randy? I wonder why Sete didn't get to ride the Desmo16 biposto with her.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts