MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there
I was thinking of going to Austin to see motoGP this comming weekend, but I have some doubts:

1) any nice hotel in the area?? not so expensive..
I will be flying into Houston, taking a rental car and driving to Austin.

2) best spot in the circuit?? I was considering buying GA, ground pass to walk around the circuit ans chose the best spot.

Any other suggestion???

Carlos.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hotels are mostly sold out in the Austin and surrounding areas, there are multiple big eventsgoing on in Austin this weekend including the MS 150 bicycle race, I spent all day today and yesterday looking for a hotel, and could only find in a neighboring small town at about double their regular rate..ticketsfor the event are plenty though...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Thankfully I booked my hotel the first day tickets were available.

Good luck w your search. Going to be a great event!

·
Administrator
20,067 Posts
Be sure to wear your Kevin Schwantz logo clothing......

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I remember being at the Indy MotoGP a few years ago and a friend who was wearing a black t-shirt that just said 'STONER' on the front of it in big letters was confronted outside the speedway by a cop about whether he had drugs on him. Sometimes it's hard being a fan of Casey's. :smoking:

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I remember being at the Indy MotoGP a few years ago and a friend who was wearing a black t-shirt that just said 'STONER' on the front of it in big letters was confronted outside the speedway by a cop about whether he had drugs on him. Sometimes it's hard being a fan of Casey's. :smoking:
:laughing::laughing:..I love it ..very good!!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I didn't know that (obviously) :) - Yep Ago (first & foremost) & Mike the Bike are mine as well :yo:

At the risk of starting another Rossi slanging match - when it's all done & dusted I reckon he'll sit pretty comfortably along the all time greats.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Last year he shared the record with Ago.....13 seasons in a row with podium finishes in the Premier Class, now after Qatar Vale holds the record at 14 seasons in a row, that's pretty damn cool in my book, and certainly no disrespect to Ago, he and Mike Hailwood are my all-time heroes
Yep..that was Rossi's 178th podium!....(105 wins) and counting.

Ago had..................... 159....(122 wins)
Hailwood.................... 112
Phil read.................... 121
Surtees...................... 45
Caparossi.....................99
Kenny Roberts Snr......44
Casey stoner................89
Jorge Lorenzo...............99
Angel Nieto.................139
All great riders ....legends in fact., without doubt.!
Brian.:)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sometimes statistics like that only tell part of the story; maybe taking those figures as a percentage of the number of starts would give a truer picture.

Eg, in Surtees day, there were nowhere near the number of Grands Prix as now, yet also, riders rode in more than one class.

As always, it's difficult to compare eras; where would someone like Stanley Woods fit in?

It all adds to the discussion! :blah:

·
Registered
583 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1366405884.905035.jpg

Not a bad day.... Very windy, cool in the morning, but it's warmed up nicely. Tomorrow and Sunday promise to be even nicer.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I thought todays GP race was very boring.:jerkoff:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts