MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
Aegeter looking quick in Q1... Actually got to see the MV in the coverage for more then a split second. Beautiful bike.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Wow. How close is this season going to be! Anyone could have made the front row of that grid.

Yamahas seem so inconsistent throughout the weekend. But still manage to find pace for Q2. Especially on a track that doesn't have much grip. Which should exploit their weakness.

Quartararo is going great. Such fast progression through the classes. And in the mix straight away in Moto GP. Can't wait to see him next year and the year after.

Crutchlow is my dark horse FTW :)

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
62 is Manzi and 77, Aegerter.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
MV at P13 and then Aegerter goes down!!!! They could've bring in atleast 2 points and up to 4 points.
They didnt show what happened :( A mistake or a clash with someone else. He was in a group of 4.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Snoozefest of a race in MotoGP. Congrats to the old man 46 for a good 2nd. Cal totally got screwed over from what I can see. He was on it for sure.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I thought it was an amazing race. The finesse shown by places 2-8 was great to watch, and the tactics by the old master to maximise the result from a substandard bike was wonderful.

The on board footage was a treat, it was easy to see the compromises that the different setups of each of the manufacturers generated.

Go Miller! Same as Rossi, thought about the end game rather than pushing every lap. His race craft is developing, but it would appear he hasn’t yet worked out how to work with other riders in close combat.

·
Administrator
20,360 Posts
I thought it was a good race.....for second place and back.

Race Control got an earful from Cal I'll bet...and deservedly so. I watched every start replay and never could see Cal's supposed jump start. He certainly gained no advantage. I think they really screwed him over.

Reactions: swissinn

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It was an early April fools prank. All the other riders were on Moto2 machinery. 93 was on a MotoGP bike. That has to be it right?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Speaking of Moto 2:
Just watched it Baldarsari killed it. He will be in MOTO GP next year.

Great to see Gardner get his first podium. Looks really good at the moment. May have been able to fight for the top spot if Baldasari didn't school him on hard passes.

Pretty rough and tumble race with Binder, Gardner, Baldarsari, Schrotter and Marquez trading paint on numerous occasions.

Moto GP: Marquez schooled them didn't he. I hope that is not the rest of the season. The Yammies did better than I thought they would on a track that shouldn't suit them. They must be getting the power down better. Despite all his knockers the Doctor still getting the job done better than most of the field week in/week out. Still disappointed Zarco didn't go to Suzuki (understand their history). It is a good bike this year even if a little down on power. Hope he doesn't waste his best years punting around on the KTM. Miller sneaking forward slowly in his results :)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Great to see Gardner get his first podium. Looks really good at the moment. May have been able to fight for the top spot if Baldasari didn't school him on hard passes.

Pretty rough and tumble race with Binder, Gardner, Baldarsari, Schrotter and Marquez trading paint on numerous occasions.
Moto2 was epic. No other word for it.

Gardner smoking his tyre and grabbing every opportunity to pass someone to get back to P1.

How Binder brakes in a steep angle with the rear sliding away from him.
Just awesome.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I wish Cal would have gotten JL99s ride. I'm becoming a huge fan. That guy has turned over a new leaf. Less crash and more podium.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I wish Cal would have gotten JL99s ride. . .
I bet some top HRC execs are sharing the same wish, although I do have faith in JL99 coming to grips with the bike. Difference is that Cal was 'race ready' with the Honda and his relationship with LCR would probably have meant a lot of information sharing would be granted.

I suppose Cal's consolation is that he's (reportedly) under contract to HRC, but that's really a Monica Lewinsky role in that he gets part of the action without the full benefits.:smile2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Speaking of Moto 2:
Just watched it Baldarsari killed it. He will be in MOTO GP next year.

Moto GP: Marquez schooled them didn't he. I hope that is not the rest of the season. The Yammies did better than I thought they would on a track that shouldn't suit them. They must be getting the power down better. Despite all his knockers the Doctor still getting the job done better than most of the field week in/week out. Still disappointed Zarco didn't go to Suzuki (understand their history). It is a good bike this year even if a little down on power. Hope he doesn't waste his best years punting around on the KTM. Miller sneaking forward slowly in his results :)
I am at a loss to explain how Sam Lowes manages to stay in the premier classes every year? He crashes every weekend and does nothing but under achieve.....?

Great to see Vale’s still got it. Ianonne’s lost it, and the rookies are giving everyone something to think about. If it wasn’t for MM it would be anyone’s championship

1 - 20 of 26 Posts