MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's seen (or installed) the MotoCorse titanium mid-pipe?

I was wondering how much better it is than the Arrow stainless mid-pipe.

I know it's tons lighter and better overall quality, but is it worth the extra bones? It's almost twice as much!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have the Quat-D midpipe. I like the way it looks much better. It has a cross-over and the welds don't look like my 2 year old did them. I paid 375.00 for it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey dave h,

Where did you get the Quat-D from?

Is it stainless steel? And...

What are the advantages of the mid-pipe not connecting the 2 pipes (like the Arrow, MotoCorse, etc...)?

·
Registered
922 Posts
The Quat-D has a crossover, so the two pipes are connected, but yes it still looks like two separate pipes. Mine didn't mate too well with the headers thus had a leak for ages which made the brute rough down low, but it seems to fit nicely now and it's great--nice sound too, possibly throatier/louder than the arrows steel mid. Quat-D, BMC, PCIII on 750S = even better sound than any ferrari I've heard around here--my opinion of course. Done about 17,000 km with it.

In terms of performance, a ti mid is for weight saving. Full stop. I could be very wrong though.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you realize there was a leak? And...

Did you get it fixed?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Exhaust soot where the mid mates the header pipes. And the smell. Couldn't fix it. But maybe running it at 180 kmh for hours on tour heated it up enough to seal up by itself. Hell, I've no idea why it doesn't leak anymore. I imagine my leak was a one-off. The pipes were slightly oval, maybe from being squashed while sitting in the warehouse.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
dearpixel said:
In terms of performance, a ti mid is for weight saving. Full stop. I could be very wrong though.
It also turns blue after some good riding which I believe makes it go a tad quicker....

:later:

:) :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
quat-d

Vlad Drac said:
Hey dave h,

Where did you get the Quat-D from?

Is it stainless steel? And...

What are the advantages of the mid-pipe not connecting the 2 pipes (like the Arrow, MotoCorse, etc...)?
Motowheels.com has it in stock for 369.99

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are the thoughts on the Sil Motor mid-pipe?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts