MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my MotoCorse radial mounts 50mm from eMotoUK. First, I want to thank Geoff...cheers mate. These things are beautiful. I can't wait to get them and my radial Brembo's mounted on my F4. Pictures posted soon...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are gorgeous. Did they come anodized like that when you got them? How is the brake feel using the radial mounted caliper? Also, did you change the master cylinder? Nice one 0700.

·
Registered
189 Posts
They came new form motocorse with coolant induced surface micro-corrosion, very common with 7075, which is why you need special coolant.

I had them stripped, bright dipped, and re-anodized blue. The braking power doubled! I used the stock master, which is how the factory bikes come these days.

Then I got lucky and scored some Motocorse full floating 320mm rotors new, off ebay. Ken at Evolutione turned down some custom spacers to position the calipers correctly and the braking doubled AGAIN!!

The feel is exactly as 20mm brembo master on my friend's $50k factory race 998. Suddenly I was late braking 600s into corners on the OUTSIDE.

Now I've got an 848 on order and the bar as been set pretty high, even for the new duc brakes, it might still take a new master, I'm a BIG believer in the 4 pad calipers........even on my 25lb mountain bike :guitarist

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't blame you on the 4 pad calipers. I ordered a pair of Brembo's finest...X99.C4's left and right calipers. I also went for a 19 x 20mm master cylinder. Cannot wait for a track day. Your MotoCorse radial ends are fantastic in that anodized blue colour. Well done.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are and should be mounted within the next three weeks if not sooner. Just waiting on a set of satin black 10 spoke marchesini's to arrive this week.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aaagh, I just found out that my dealer/friend ordered the wrong calipers - X97.37.60-61's. Basically the two pad version compared to the four pad type. Even though I paid for the 4 pad version, he's told me he'll throw in a set of Brembo rotors. I do a few track days a year and the odd weekend ride when I get the chance, so I'm not too upset. Is this a good deal???

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
0700 said:
Considering the discounts out there on the two pad, I don't see $1200 of rotors covering it.
I have until Tuesday to confront him. I paid $4300 for the 4 pad top of the line Brembo's and a Ohlins rear shock, (CA 806). I think he mis-ordered the 2 pad calipers by accident. Should I bring it up with him?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b said:
QUESTION: which would be considered "better" 4 pad or 2 pad?
Depends on the type of riding you do. For me, three track days a year and sunday mornings, I think they're fine. Unless one is riding some serious track meet and maybe concerned about warping, then possibly the 4 pad, but for normal road riding up and down HWY 1 in Marin County, CA, I think I'm fine. Any opinions anyone?

·
Registered
189 Posts
The 4 pad have more initial bite, and more final braking pressure, 15% according to testing done in Germany by Audi, pretty much equaled 6 pot, but with much lower weight and cost.

and I've had all three, on my MV, and the 4 pad were just downright cheating.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts