1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I'm staring at it wondering what it really does.

is this just bling? looks too cheap to be a really useful bling component. :)

(about 90 bucks i think).

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TokyoLunch said:
I'm staring at it wondering what it really does.

is this just bling? looks too cheap to be a really useful bling component. :)

(about 90 bucks i think).
I'm pretty sure it's only an aesthetics feature.

It doesn't serve any other purposes other than looks..... kinda like a single-sided swingarm. :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Has anyone in the states ordered from Motocorse?? Very nice looking parts just don't know about shipping here and costs?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks Tokyo... pardon my ignorance... :)

A 990cc Brutale... now that brings the term, "Hold on son... you're going for a ride!" new meaning...

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Single sided swingarms do have a purpose. They allow for quick wheel changes in racing because you don't have to reset the chain tension and easy wheel removal.

Vlad Drac said:
I'm pretty sure it's only an aesthetics feature.

It doesn't serve any other purposes other than looks..... kinda like a single-sided swingarm. :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dumbcomputers said:
Single sided swingarms do have a purpose. They allow for quick wheel changes in racing because you don't have to reset the chain tension and easy wheel removal.
How could I have been so dumb! :stickpoke

I didn't even realize that everybike bike on the MotoGP and Superbike paddock has a single-sided swingarm. :naughty:

Forgive my sarcasm dumbcomputers. You stated the obvious but that advantage doesn't help any of the race teams! A single-sided swingarm generally weighs more than a traditional 2-sided brace one too.

If it was advantageous, MotoGP(with no restrictions or limitations and unlimited access to technology) would have single-sided swingarms on every bike!

After all this however, I still love my single-sided swingarm more than my R1's dual braced one! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts