MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use these guys for any type of maintenance/service? good, bad, other? due for the first service. thanks in advance VAN :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
vananator, welcome to the site. Do a search and then make a decision from the info you find. Shoot me a pm and maybe we can hook up for a ride. I'm in Portland. Have a good day and good luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Derek is right, I think there are a couple of threads on Moto Corsa.

That being said you couldn't pay me enough to set foot back in that shop. They have done work in the past on my MV's and Aprilia's.

Nice people but service department is a joke

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unfortunately you are going to find mixed reviews on both of your closest authorized service dealers, MotoCorsa and Beaudry. I bought my Brutale at Beaudry and have no first hand experience with their service department. But based on how my sale was handled by them combined with their service reputation, I had already made up my mind not to go back.

So I went to MotoCorsa for my bike's first service a couple weeks ago, and I was satisfied with the work and the price. They had the bike longer that day than they originally estimated, but I had already planned to blow the whole day with the drive down there and back from Mt.Vernon, so it wasn't a big deal.

I did have an issue getting a back-ordered warranty replacment part, which I'm still waiting on. I do have a thread about it here in the General section. Since the part isn't critical I wasn't as diligant as I should have, but it looks like they dropped the ball on it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick replys guys! I also own a RSVR and had trouble getting the updated map through service there. Long story short-took day off for hour re-map, got there; software messed up and will call when its repaired . They never called back and I ended sending my ecu out of state. I thought I would check here first thinking maybe my new MV is of high enuff profile I might get good service. thanks VAN p.s. I bought from beaudrys 17,500 out the door and delivered to me for 100 bucks as for service no Idea? any thoughts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
vananator said:
as for service no Idea? any thoughts?
I personally have heard worse reviews about Beaudry's service than about MotoCorsa, but again I don't have any first-hand experience with Beaudry's service dept. If you want to avoid any warranty issues, you are stuck with going to an authorized dealer. So besides Beaudry or MotorCorsa, you are looking at a really long trip to CA, AZ, or NV.

For a first service I wouldn't be overly worried since it's pretty simple, unless you are unlucky to have a bike that needs major warranty work. If you want to risk the possible warranty issue and go to a non-authorized dealer, Max RPM in Bremerton and Eastside Motosports in Bellevue have both gotten good reviews on their service departments with MVs. Eastside was an MV dealer and has techs that were/are MV certified, they just don't do warrany work anymore.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I bought my Brutale and a BMW K1200 G/T from Beaudry and had very good results. They delivered both bikes to my door step. However I live in the Auburn area and Beaudry is over 300 miles away so when it came time to service my Brutale I took it to Eastside in Bellevue. After they handed me a $600.00 bill for the 600 mile service the bike died twice in the parking lot riding it. I took it home thinking it was just cold and needed some run time but the bike continued to run poorly. It actually ran much better before I took it to them but I wanted them to turn down the idle just a little since it was just a smidge fast at 1450 rpm. They apparently didn’t get the idle and c/o adjusted right and I had to take it back to them again. Though they were apologetic and retuned it, it still never ran as well as before I took it to them.
Long story short that Brutale was ultimately involved in an accident and I bought another one from Beaudry. Having recently spent $$$$ for the first service I told Beaudry I was ticked off about having to spend another wade for a 600 mile check-up. They were at least honest enough to tell me that in all the years they have been selling MV’s they have never had to adjust a single valve at the 600 mile mark. I was told if I could to change the oil and filter myself, do a good check over for loose nuts and bolts, look for any leaks and bring it back at the next scheduled service. I appreciated their honesty; they didn’t have to tell me that.
I plan on taking it back to them when the time comes for any servicing. They also are willing to pick up my bike and return it after servicing however I’ll most likely take it to them myself and save time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts