MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought a carbon keyguard from them. Quality and fitment were very good.
What did you use for the rubber surround? Did you just get it from a local auto parts store?

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
I came across some cf airtubes from motocomposites that are sitting on my tv. They look damn close to the stock cf ones that came on the F4 Oro that I have fitted on my 312R.

·
Registered
314 Posts
They are still trying to make a set of rear tail tail fairings for my F4 after 1.5 years of failing to get a decently fitting set. ONE AND A HALF YEARS! I am on my third set from them and it still has huge fitment problems. I have ordered whole bunch of parts from them and the fitment is good on some pieces bad on other pieces and completely off for select items. Unfortunately I am stuck with ordering from them because nobody else makes the carbon weave pattern I have on all my pieces.

There is one good thing with them is that they are actually trying to make it right and keep replacing the badly fitting pieces. that being said, when I asked for a refund for that tail piece, they told me that after spending $200 on shipping charges they cant give me a refund. Although it is their problem, I am not an a-hole and I understand the struggle on their part. Last chance on that tail piece. If it does not fit, I am calling my credit card.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
TIP ... On Ducatis the Key surround needs to have a clip on the underside or the anti theft ring will slide down and the bike will not start . I also did the Carbon fiber key surround on my MVF4 but do no recall if MV uses the same ring type set up .

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
They are still trying to make a set of rear tail tail fairings for my F4 after 1.5 years of failing to get a decently fitting set. ONE AND A HALF YEARS! I am on my third set from them and it still has huge fitment problems. I have ordered whole bunch of parts from them and the fitment is good on some pieces bad on other pieces and completely off for select items. Unfortunately I am stuck with ordering from them because nobody else makes the carbon weave pattern I have on all my pieces.

There is one good thing with them is that they are actually trying to make it right and keep replacing the badly fitting pieces. that being said, when I asked for a refund for that tail piece, they told me that after spending $200 on shipping charges they cant give me a refund. Although it is their problem, I am not an a-hole and I understand the struggle on their part. Last chance on that tail piece. If it does not fit, I am calling my credit card.
The problem is they don't make the CF parts themselves and buy them in from a third party.. The mould that is being used has been taken from an original OEM part and therefore is a fraction larger.. It's not by much, but on certain parts it makes a big difference to the end fitment.. I struggled for months with the same part you're referring to and in the end gave up.. ( there's also an element of flexibility in the OEM part material, which doesn't help when you're making a mould out of it).. I refuse to order this part from the manufacture.

I know where they get their parts from and I suspect they're going to struggle to achieve an adequate finish if you're critical about panel gaps and spot on alignment.

That said, I hope MotoComposites manage to sort a fix for you and you don't have to resort to your credit card..

TIP ... On Ducatis the Key surround needs to have a clip on the underside or the anti theft ring will slide down and the bike will not start . I also did the Carbon fiber key surround on my MVF4 but do no recall if MV uses the same ring type set up .
You're right, MV don't use this security chip on their ignition cover set up..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts