MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Has anyone purchased any carbon fiber from MotoComposites?

I am looking at belly pan, air tube covers and under-tray for my F3.

What are the thoughts on 100% carbon fiber vs Carbon with
Fiberglass?

The price difference is quite substantial about 30% more for 100% carbon fiber (A$290 difference)

I am looking purely for cosmetic upgrade so weight is not a issue but would still like quality.

Any advise from people who might have brought one or the other or both would be greatly received :confused:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I Did get the fiberglass type ,did the job,but i would go full carbon on the belly pan,and make sure you put heat protection on it.you will not notice the difference .But it will take a long time to get from this supplier.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I have ordered several pieces from them and always had good service and the parts are good quality. The fiberglass is a lot heavier.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered a few pieces last month I have received a couple and still waiting on a few. I did the matte all carbon twill. it was pretty good they fit well with minor dremel modification needed. The pattern on some of the tight curves gets a bit funky but for half the cost of Carbonvani you are about 90% of the quality.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
That,s funny George we are taking grams ,LOL ,But every gram counts.

cheers eddy
Andrew is starting to rub off on me :stickpoke. If you order some of the larger pieces like a nose fairing or side fairing the weight difference is significant when you add them all together

1 - 6 of 6 Posts