MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the oil filler caps offered by Motocircle on eBay? I recently got one for my 2003 F4 and it doesn't quite seem to fit. I can thread it on but can't get more than 1.5 turns before it seems to jam up. :wtf: The OEM cap snugs down at over three turns. I have a feeling the threads are not correct on this piece. It's a nice looking piece, but not if it can only sit on my desk..... Anyone else?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Never heard of them. Check the treads with your old filler cap by holding the threads up against each other.

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
:smoking:Wait a minute Andrew...how does one hold a thread up a against a thread...oh, you meant the physical oil cap threads:bash:...not the computer:nutkick:, oh, jeez, never mind.....:smoking:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An easy check, Randy! Yep, looks like the threads are off a little. The threads are not lining up. New cap from Motocircle is blue on left, OEM is on right.

Dammit.....:bash: So, be warned, it doesn't fit..... :nutkick:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Now if you bought one from one of the forum sponsors who sell dedicated MV parts, it probably would have fitted.
I understand that sometimes the ebay stuff is cheaper, but it's often the case that they are cheaper for the wrong reason.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right, Donsy! I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't even look here for this piece. :( I was just perusing eBay and saw this cap and, for the money, just bid. Perhaps it serves me right for not checking here first. Nonetheless, I am glad to report the seller has already refunded my money (bid price and shipping), so only thing lost was time. Lesson learned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts