MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/smilies/drummer.gif
Hello guys ! I am a motorcycle enthusiast and a fan of MV Agusta. Together with my family we are creating a new initiative related to Moto Tourism which includes the proposal of package holidays "all inclusive" (also included the bike, obviously MV Agusta ...see new "Turismo Veloce" and "Stradale" !) to people who can come from all over the world and would love to spend an holiday riding in Motorbike in Italy. I refer people more "distant" (Americans, Russians, Australians, South Africa, Asia Pacific), and that would also have serious difficulties to get to our "beautiful country" with their bikes and who may wish to spend a nice holiday in Italy driving a fantastic bike leaving "guided" to an organization that takes care of everything. The focus of the rides will be the area of the Eastern Alps (Dolomites passes, Stelvio pass area, fantastic places full of curves, breathtaking scenery ....). Vacation packages would be 3 or 5 days, and the transfer from the airport (Milan / Venice) would be included. I would like to know if it will interest you and if you would like to possibly join this kind of vacation ... it would be very important to do definitely the start-up! Look forward to your comments and ideas! Thanks. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/smilies/brutale.gif

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm interested!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know. It is a new initiative but different from what we intend to do. In that case are multi-day tours and one-off events with limited number of participants. In our case it would be a continuous, stable and localized to a specific area of ​​Italy, one of the most beautiful areas of Europe where to ride. In addition It would allow you to come to Italy for several days and spend 3-5 days to your passion and the rest of the days to go, for example, to visit the art cities (Venice, Florence, Rome ...) ... to make your partner happy ...

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Nicus, sounds like a good idea. If you have worked out costs etc you should post more information. Is accommodation included, meals, fuel, insurance for bikes, luggage (do you carry on the bike every day?) and so on. If you supply more information then more people will show interest. I wish you well.

·
Registered
673 Posts
How about this, Gary and I will come visit you in Italy and ride your bikes and you can come visit us in Colorado and ride ours :) We need to set up a global home swap with bikes!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Friends are friends Juney, but business is business. Setting up a business like Nicus means lots of groundwork, pricing is so important along with situation and target market. Also seasonal concerns with snow etc. I hope you get a success up and running soon and that forum members wishing to take an Italian riding holiday consider your Moto MV Tourism as an option. That part of Italy is stunning to ride. Memories will stay forever

·
Registered
673 Posts
Friends are friends Juney, but business is business. Setting up a business like Nicus means lots of groundwork, pricing is so important along with situation and target market. Also seasonal concerns with snow etc. I hope you get a success up and running soon and that forum members wishing to take an Italian riding holiday consider your Moto MV Tourism as an option. That part of Italy is stunning to ride. Memories will stay forever
where did I say I wouldn't pay him?
Judging by everyone else I've met on the forum we'd end up being friends too...
I would really like to ride in Italy and other places that would otherwise be impossible without meeting people on the forum. A safe ride with people you can trust is priceless IMO. I especially like the part where he says we can spend a few days on the bikes and then go off and see other things. I think the Edelweiss tour we looked at was 7-9 days and each day was at least 8 hours seat time. I'm always so busy watching my line I'd likely miss a lot of the scenery. It would be great to be with a guide where you could tell them what you want and get that.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
How about this, Gary and I will come visit you in Italy and ride your bikes and you can come visit us in Colorado and ride ours :) We need to set up a global home swap with bikes!
Didn't mean to offend...but this does look more like a friendship arrangement than a business proposal.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Very interesting, but I agree, pricing and details are an important factor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very interesting, but I agree, pricing and details are an important factor.
where did I say I wouldn't pay him?
Judging by everyone else I've met on the forum we'd end up being friends too...
I would really like to ride in Italy and other places that would otherwise be impossible without meeting people on the forum. A safe ride with people you can trust is priceless IMO. I especially like the part where he says we can spend a few days on the bikes and then go off and see other things. I think the Edelweiss tour we looked at was 7-9 days and each day was at least 8 hours seat time. I'm always so busy watching my line I'd likely miss a lot of the scenery. It would be great to be with a guide where you could tell them what you want and get that.
I think PunyJuney has hit the mark. The idea is this: coming to Italy to see a lot of things and not just to ride. Then pass part of your holiday, in peace and relaxation doing the thing you like the most: riding bikes in one of the most beautiful places to do it. I think that anyone who is on the other side of the world and wants to come to Italy, maybe once in his life, would organize to stay 10/15 days; You can get there and visit art cities (Rome, Venice, Florence) as a normal tourist or go to Milan, the city of fashion, and then conclude with five days going in motorbike, even on an MV Agusta. The beauty is that you do not need to bring anything back from US, Austalia, South Africa, wherever for your passion; we will pick you up and bike and gear (helmet and clothing) will be provided by us. We are trying to determine the correct pricing for this initiative, which provides for: accommodation in a 5 star hotel with all the comfort, the bike and equipment rental with unlimited mileage, including our guide to the best places, airport pick-up. The price is being finalized (it's the hardest thing to do and maybe you can help me) … I think will vary between 2500/3000€ for two people on a bike for 4-5 days.
:):stickpoke

·
Registered
673 Posts
or you could price day trips on the bike with options for the hotel stay that the guest could book....that way if you had a high end client that wanted to stay in a 5 star hotel they pay for it and it wouldn't block out a client with less to spend that wants the same bike experience and is willing to sleep in less comfort. Could a 2 day bike trip get worked in to a week long Italy trip? Our business wouldn't allow us to spend 15 days.

I would also have to bring my own gear. Getting a helmet, jacket and gloves to fit would be very difficult. Boots impossible. Kevlar jeans would likely do the trick as I wouldn't want to be tearing it up if I was touring. Fortunately the MV's are lower now straight out of production. Prior year seat heights would have prevented me from taking part as well.

I look forward to planning out some options with you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts