MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
bryancbg said:
the pics as promised
I think they have an uphill battle in that class, but this really is a nice looking bike, and it seems like they are not shooting for too high a target. I think that's a good thing in this case. You've got the Triumph, Buell, Guzzi and Benelli which kind of have polarizing looks. Then you have stuff that isn't so polarizing like the MV, Ducati and this bike. I think it looks every bit as good as a Ducati, but not the MV.

The next question is how does it work... It's a new engine that hasn't been proven so it has a lot to prove.

They should make a sport bike with that engine though...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I like the looks, but they are quite expensive in the UK. For the same money I can get a Brute which would have to be my preference between the two.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i agree this bike is simply beautiful,but nothing close to a mv! but a sport version would be nice!

but what you guys think about all the bikes you stated,e.g. ducati monster,triumph speed triple,mv brutale,moto morini corsaro etc.
against something like the yamaha mt-01?, i know it is a very different bike, but what you guys think about that bike? i actually own one and would like to hear your comments on that bike, i was actually thinking of getting a brutale just recently but i came across the corsaro 1200! now im undecided....but aside from that what you guys think about the yamaha mt-01?

here's a pic,

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mt2?????
never heard of it i dont think its even out yet though....what yamaha have now is the mt-01 1670cc v-twin and a mt-03 600cc single cylinder motard...
but rmors are that a mt-02 is coming,it would probably be a 900cc parallel twin..?? not too sure about that..

·
Registered
878 Posts
bryancbg said:
mt2?????
never heard of it i dont think its even out yet though....what yamaha have now is the mt-01 1670cc v-twin and a mt-03 600cc single cylinder motard...
but rmors are that a mt-02 is coming,it would probably be a 900cc parallel twin..?? not too sure about that..
This is what they have to say about MT2:
MT-02 is believed to be Yamaha’s final addition to the MT range. Yamaha will most likely use either the Drag Star 1100 or TDM 900 for the engine and chassis donations. Since there already is one MT V-twin our bets and hopes are for the TDM based version as pictured. The 900cc parallel twin from TDM features less power and torque than MT-01, but also less weight and bulk. MT-02 should be the sportiest of the MT range and would place itself nicely in between the 01 and 03.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I like the photo Connor......errrr Kamran, got one for you mate. :laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
john said:
I like the photo Connor......errrr Kamran, got one for you mate. :laughing:
Nahhh, I killed him a couple years ago! :bandit:
Here are a few more current and old ones...and one with my pappy!
I like Christopher Lambert

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Where do you stow that Claymore (Sword) when you are riding the F4? :moped: :jsm: I bet it could be tricky if it errr..... comes loose!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
878 Posts
john said:
Where do you stow that Claymore (Sword) when you are riding the F4? :moped: :jsm: I bet it could be tricky if it errr..... comes loose!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I tie a Brutale behind my F4 to carry it.... :stir:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
You immortal guys have all the answers. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
OOOps just realised I'm guilty of thread hi-jacking again........sorry!! :lightning

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I think it's trying to be daring, but at the same time too safe. Look at the swingarm.

It's not quite a subtelety, but more or less, like stated, weren't shooting too high.

Looks to me like it's trying to be a Speed Triple with it's dual headlights and "hat", but also attain the looks of the K1200R with it's tech headlight housing. A 919 from the tank back, with and Brutale tank....basically, it looks like a copy of everything, photoshopped together, but it's an actual bike....

If I saw that in person, aside from it's exclusivity, I'de merely say "Meh...."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oicdn said:
I think it's trying to be daring, but at the same time too safe. Look at the swingarm.

It's not quite a subtelety, but more or less, like stated, weren't shooting too high.

Looks to me like it's trying to be a Speed Triple with it's dual headlights and "hat", but also attain the looks of the K1200R with it's tech headlight housing. A 919 from the tank back, with and Brutale tank....basically, it looks like a copy of everything, photoshopped together, but it's an actual bike....

If I saw that in person, aside from it's exclusivity, I'de merely say "Meh...."

hey, that was just what i was thinking the first time i saw pictures of that bike, it looks like a bmw,triumph,ducati,mv, and it even have huge silencers like those on the yamaha mt-01!

that sure is one exclusive bike!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I hate those big, ugly muflers, spoils the rest of the bike which i think looks quite good!

I don't mind the Yamahas also they look pretty mean!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts