MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Donna and I just returned home from a long weekend down at the Westin La Paloma in Tucson. We rode our Brevas down and made a run out to Tombstone yesterday. Today we took the long way home through Winkleman and Globe with a stop for lunch and antique shopping in Miami. The wind was fierce and temperatures dropped to 50F. Once we got past Superior it was back up to the 70's and nice riding.

To the point of the subject line, a nice surprise was waiting when I got home. A copy of MotoGP Technology by Neil Spalding was delivered from Amazon. After a quick flip through the pages I'll say it looks pretty good. I think I'll fix a drink and relax on the sofa. I can't think of a better way for a techno geek like me to relax after a long days ride! :nerd:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Koop said:
Donna and I just returned home from a long weekend down at the Westin La Paloma in Tucson. We rode our Brevas down and made a run out to Tombstone yesterday. Today we took the long way home through Winkleman and Globe with a stop for lunch and antique shopping in Miami. The wind was fierce and temperatures dropped to 50F. Once we got past Superior it was back up to the 70's and nice riding.

To the point of the subject line, a nice surprise was waiting when I got home. A copy of MotoGP Technology by Neil Spalding was delivered from Amazon. After a quick flip through the pages I'll say it looks pretty good. I think I'll fix a drink and relax on the sofa. I can't think of a better way for a techno geek like me to relax after along days ride! :nerd:
I take it this book covers past MotoGP technological advancements.
But how recent is it? Do we get a glimpse of 800cc technology?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RobP - it's worthwhile read. Lots of insight into subleties you wouldn't otherwise see.

Ozboy - it gives a brief history of GP racing then jumps into the MotoGP 990cc era through the beginning of 2006. The author spent a lot of time in the paddock gleaning tidbits of info, the teams opened up when the 990cc formula was finally dead and the secrets no longer mattered. More inside info than one could imagine - some of it speculation but much of it confirmed.

Overall, if you're into the technical minutiae of MotoGP, well worth the $30US or so. I know I've spent well over that on magazines in the last six months without nearly the return. :conveyer:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Koop said:
RobP - it's worthwhile read. Lots of insight into subleties you wouldn't otherwise see.

Ozboy - it gives a brief history of GP racing then jumps into the MotoGP 990cc era through the beginning of 2006. The author spent a lot of time in the paddock gleaning tidbits of info, the teams opened up when the 990cc formula was finally dead and the secrets no longer mattered. More inside info than one could imagine - some of it speculation but much of it confirmed.

Overall, if you're into the technical minutiae of MotoGP, well worth the $30US or so. I know I've spent well over that on magazines in the last six months without nearly the return. :conveyer:
Great ,thanks KOOP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts