MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great race today, Casey Stoner has shown already what a talented young rider he is. It's only a matter of time now before he gets on the top step of that podium. :) I think Rossi must have his mind on the Ferrari offer, he wasn't 'at the races' today if you will excuse the pun. :cross: Taking nothing away from Marco Melandri who's overtaking move at the end was tremendous, I think Casey Stoner is the man to watch out for this season. In pre and post race interviews, he showed what a level headed young chap he is. If I wasn't before I am a fan now. Well done mate. :smoking:

·
Registered
351 Posts
One of the better Moto GP races I've seen in a while. I think Stoner is a future World Champion.

This is going to be a great season. Can Rossi come back?

Very enjoyable racing!

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Certainly very exciting race... as a R6 owner and a long time Yamaha fan I not happy to hear that they are having so much problem with the M1, but I am sure Vale will put up a good show this season again.

Also very looking forward to the Tour de France now that Lance is gone, I am sure there will be very serious fighting...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stoner!

Man that was an exciting race!!! Great to see some different riders & bikes up front for a change........hopefully a sign of a hotly contested season.
Awesome ride from Stoner.....can't help but think he missed a good opportunity for victory though. I mean, had he defended better at that last braking zone???? It's definately going to be tougher next time round, Rossi had an off day. But when he's there, (all the time) it's gonna tough for these young guys to take the victory......at least for now.
Must be frustrating too for Nicky Hayden, now HRC's top man who has been the young up & comer now for some years. He's still yet to show his winning potential. Meanwhile Melandri has come on the seen and taken some victories, now Pedrosa & Stoner are challenging for victories so early there motogp careers.
Can hardly wait for the next one!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pigiolino said:
I think joung driver now are strong for the future,but ROSSI will win for still few years!
That's assuming he doesn't go to Ferrari next year! :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Did any of you guys see Chris V's qualifing performance? :king:

He didnt do to badly in the race either .

Just wait till he has a bike under him .

Take nothing away from Stoner's and Pedrosa's performances so far, but wonder where they would finish on the Suzuki :eek:

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Ytak said:
This is going to be a great season. Can Rossi come back?

Very enjoyable racing!
He did the second fastest lap - only beaten by Elias... Rossi is present... :)

·
Registered
351 Posts
What Happend to Gibernau??. Rossi- "he will never win another Motogp"

Gibernau finished 11th?? He was leading!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ytak said:
What Happend to Gibernau??. Rossi- "he will never win another Motogp"
Gibernau finished 11th?? He was leading!
Gib did the same as Hopkins...bolted on soft Bridgestones and paid the price heavily...Vermulen obvoiusly had harder tires on than hopkins and rode awsome.
Casey is an absolute gun....but I can see Pedrosa winning more simply because he's Spanish with Repsol money, and Honda willing to build the new 800 around him...

Stoner's fairings look funny just plain white...whens the last time you saw a sponserless bike challenging fora win in a Moto GP race..
He should change his name to "Stonreguez"...get a big sponser :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts