1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
568 Posts
What a blow, I just got home from Malaysia yesterday, if I had of know testing was on I would have stayed and had a look.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yup Marquez is a superstar, I hope he translates his aggressive riding style from moto2 to motogp! It's all too politically correct now that Stoner and SuperSic are gone..
I wonder what the odds are for Marquez to win the championship? Might be worth a bet I reckon..

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
If Marquez does not crash too much and injures himself too much, I think he will do well and win races, not sure about the Champoinship yet Mike, I think it will be hard to catch the Little guy and Lorenzo.

Hey Afeylad, you forgot Casey was the first to winge when the going got a bit rough mate...lol...calm down.
Glad to see Rossi back up to speed and Spies and Hayden still struggling in that piece of crap.

I hope Cal does well again and does not get held back by his new team Mate.
There's a few guys that I think will improve and just pounce if the top guys mess up.
Could be a good year for a change, I hope so at least.
Go Vale.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
i feel sorry for the ducati guys. fastest ducati was hayden, and he is still 2 seconds off the lead with 2 test riders in front of him. its going to be a loooong year for the boys in red.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ahh Donsy, you just couldn't resist a little jibe about Stoner could you? Lol
I'll be supporting Brian Staring in the CRT battle, and the Honey Badger(Crutchlow) in the prototype battle this year.. I reckon he's an awesome rider and seems to be a top bloke! Almost Australian I reckon hehe
Either way, just give us close racing!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dovi seems to be struggling on his 'new' ride as is Spies. Early days though but it seems ominous as well as predictable.
Go Vale!!
Brian.
you can see it in their faces. they have the "ahh shit, what have i gotten myself into" face.

and where have we seen that face before??

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be great to see Rossi back up there, his fastest lap was half way through the session whereas everyone elses was right at the end ala qualifying, looks like he's concentrating more on set up then out and out times.

The Ducati POS is still no better, some 2 secs off as normal

Third day should be interesting,

Lorenzo and Pedrossa battling plus Rossi/Marquez and the occasional Crutchlow in the mix should be entertaining :)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
you can see it in their faces. they have the "ahh shit, what have i gotten myself into" face.

:laughing: Absolutely!.... Valentino had a nightmare on that thing for two years. And 'others' including...,Nicky Hayden...,Marco Melandri...,Loris caparossi...,Randy De Puniet ..Etc have had no success on it either. In fact it nearly finished Melandri's career completely. (now he's arguably the favourite for the WSB bike title this year).
Casey Stoner did though when in 2007 it was clearly the fastest bike out there with the best tires.
Since then though while the other manufactures steadily caught up the Ducati got worse and Casey (the only man with any success on it ) crashed many times in his efforts to try and ride the bike competitively.

And now it seems (although early days) Dovi and Ben Spies are seeing for themselves the Ducati is indeed a 'Poison Challis'. And so their nightmare begins.
You think Lorenzo would go there?? ....He'd rather lick his father in laws toenails!
I'm really glad Valentino Rossi is now back on a competitive bike and will be routing for him all the way this season.
Brian:)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Great post :)

We could have a competition with ballons coming out of their mouths and fill in what we think they are saying :jsm:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A picture of Rossi at Sepang, what does that smile say :stickpoke

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll tell you what it reminds me of....................The day I sold my KTM Superduke 'R'

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
:laughing: Absolutely!.... Valentino had a nightmare on that thing for two years. And 'others' including...,Nicky Hayden...,Marco Melandri...,Loris caparossi...,Randy De Puniet ..Etc have had no success on it either. In fact it nearly finished Melandri's career completely. (now he's arguably the favourite for the WSB bike title this year).
Casey Stoner did though when in 2007 it was clearly the fastest bike out there with the best tires.
Since then though while the other manufactures steadily caught up the Ducati got worse and Casey (the only man with any success on it ) crashed many times in his efforts to try and ride the bike competitively.

And now it seems (although early days) Dovi and Ben Spies are seeing for themselves the Ducati is indeed a 'Poison Challis'. And so their nightmare begins.

You think Lorenzo would go there?? ....He'd rather lick his father in laws toenails!
I'm really glad Valentino Rossi is now back on a competitive bike and will be routing for him all the way this season.
Brian:)
Do remember Bayliss doing ok on it in Valencia 2006... :naughty:

·
Registered
73 Posts
:laughing: poor dovi.

my buddy had a theory that cal crutchlow never had an offer from ducati. he just said he did to mindfuck dovi into wanting to ride for them so cal could be the #1 seat at tech trois and be next in line for rossi's factory seat when he retires.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts