MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'll be there, but not sure about transportation yet. My MV has been there before. I used it as my pit bike in '01.

I'm going to try to bring my nephew who is a Marine, and if he can make it, I'll need the car.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I'll be there, but my accomodations are dirt.... I'll be camping! I would love to meet up with other forum members, though. Perhaps we can create a meeting time and place so we can all meet up? I will not be bringing my bike.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I will be there...My MV in tow... Anyone who want to meet up for a ride, PM me and we can exchange contact details...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'll be there as well but with my Ducati monster. I'm staying at a friend's house in a bad area of Seaside so I'd rather not get my bike stolen. The duc is much more expendable. If you guys want to meet up there or ride I'll be with a group most the time so we can all take some local roads

·
Registered
299 Posts
My wife & I are going-sadly I cannot fit my MV in overhead storage! Its my first time at Laguna Seca-any advise??

·
Registered
689 Posts
mlawless said:
My wife & I are going-sadly I cannot fit my MV in overhead storage! Its my first time at Laguna Seca-any advise??
Do you already have a place to stay? If not, the hotels in the area jack up their rates severly for the MotoGP and are probably all booked anyway.

Other than that:

- if you've never seen Cannery Row on Saturday night, it's worth checking out. Sometimes it's entertaining, other times the police have it pretty locked down. It's been pretty rowdy in the past, so they try to keep it under control.

- hike up to the corkscrew at least once. It's pretty amazing. I doubt you'll find a place to sit, as the "Corkscrew Crazies" will have staked out the good real estate, but on practice day, you might get a good view.

It's too early in the morning to come up with more than that. Enjoy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New this year is a street party on Alvarado st in downtown Monterey.
There will be live music, mc stunt shows and outdoor movies at the custom house plaza featuring moto gp themed films.
Mlawless, if youre in a motorhome, try getting a spot at veterans park. It's just up the hill from downtown Monterey.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'll be there. Donna and I are riding our Moto Guzzis out from Phoenix though, no MV. We have seats at the turn 11 grandstand and will be staying at a B&B in Pacific Grove.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
We'll have to get together for at least a meet! As of now I plan on riding there with the MV daily, since i'm about an hour away :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
To those of you who are sadly traveling without your bike...

Beg, Borrow, or steal (just don't steal mine) a bike and do the ride from Monterey to Lucia (about 50 miles each way) on Highway 1 along the coast...

Probably one of the best rides on the west coast....and the scenery is pretty nice too...

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
No MV parking. Hopefully this year Cagiva USA will bring back their booth which went missing last year. Maybe we can all meetup before reaching Laguna-Seca?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MV caravan to the race track sounds like a great idea.
By the way, does anyone need a three day pass including paddock and red parking?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts