MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In a few months (july 21-23), Moto GP will be arriving in Laguna-Seca. I hope to make this the thread to discuss everything from group rides there, to meets, to (hopefully) some type of parking arrangement.

Chime in if you plan on going. I know ddnuts has started a thread in the past, and has attended from the NW region on his AGO.

I live ~1.5 hrs away so I will definately be attending at least on the final day.

Some ideas to discuss:

Meet at cannery row? Get together and watch the races? Parking? etc.

I'll ask Cagiva if they can setup some type of parking around their booth or something
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
I think that is a great idea to have this thread. I would like to meet all who are attending if possible. Post up fellow MVers. :drummer:
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Here is a thread that I started a while back:
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=646

ddnuts, you mentioned that you trailored the MV down and rode around there, what did you do with your gear once you got to the track? and where did you park last year?

Anybody planning to go from SoCal?

How many days are people planning to attend?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Odonata, the first day at the track someone drove so I put my stuff in their car. The second day I drove and race day I rode the bike as traffic was ridiculous. I only had to worry about my helmet as it was too hot to wear all of my leathers (I found that out the first day). For this year I'm riding my bike all of the days and getting an Icon backpack that is also a helmet holder. That way I won't have to worry about anything.

As far as how many days, I'm making a week of it. I hope to see you all there.

We should exchange numbers or something as it gets closer to Laguna time.
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
ddnuts said:
Odonata, the first day at the track someone drove so I put my stuff in their car. The second day I drove and race day I rode the bike as traffic was ridiculous. I only had to worry about my helmet as it was too hot to wear all of my leathers (I found that out the first day). For this year I'm riding my bike all of the days and getting an Icon backpack that is also a helmet holder. That way I won't have to worry about anything.

As far as how many days, I'm making a week of it. I hope to see you all there.

We should exchange numbers or something as it gets closer to Laguna time.
It would be great to meet with you and other members of the forum! that is if I am going though... at the moment I am not sure I can, I would love go but I have many things to squared away first.

I was told many people rode with full leather to the track last year, do you know what they did with their gears? they didn't walk around in leather all day? :shocker:

Assuming for a moment we can't arrange any special parking area this year, where would you be parking at the track? where did you park last year? with a nice bike like your Ago + BST(and my Senna, if I receive the bike in time) were you concerned parking the bike at the hotel or the track?

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The parking would hopefully be near the Cagiva booth (if not at). I need to ask about that. Essentially i think you'd take the same route to the Ducati island and such but just make a turn. I guess it all depends where they are located. Otherwise, bikes get parking in the actual lot itself whereas cars this year will be off-site and bus'd in.
 

·
Not very lucky..
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
I just received my tickets for the Moto GP race in Laguna Seca!! :drummer: :guitarist :flash: :hump: I will be going with my girlfriend on saturday and sunday. Apart from general admission we got grandstand seating at the start/finish line for sunday. Too bad we couldn't get paddock passes, but I guess there is always e-bay. I guess its still to early to set up a time when we can all meet up, but time is flyn'!!... :later:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be there. I have grandstand for sunday, also at the start/finish line
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Well Iam all set to go for fri-sat-sun at Laguna Seca for that motogp weekend, Iam towing my MV up from SoCal.. Iam staying in monteray and for SURE planning on riding my MV about out there. So whoever is all going let me know were everyone will be meeting at?... :drummer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We'll definitely setup some type of meet there (ie cannery row, or something)

I wonder if we can get some type of parking near the MV booth (waiting on word)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
735 Posts
thecraw-r1f4 said:
Well Iam all set to go for fri-sat-sun at Laguna Seca for that motogp weekend, Iam towing my MV up from SoCal.. Iam staying in monteray and for SURE planning on riding my MV about out there. So whoever is all going let me know were everyone will be meeting at?... :drummer:
:smoking:
good 2 c u, been a while. I was gettin' worried.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Mika said:
:smoking:
good 2 c u, been a while. I was gettin' worried.

Iam still here :) Hey where you at the Crystal cover car show this morning. I wasnt sure if it was you I saw there, but there was a sweet looking 910r

But I digress, MotoGP where will the MV crowd be putting up a tent ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So everyone is going to Crystal Cove without me, I see! I may not be able to make it for a bit, having run out of town a lot due to some family things going on.

BTW I got my tickets in the mail, soo. Looks like section B row 17 grandstand seats. Anyone else?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Darkside said:
section 11b....row 9......seat 90 and 91....... :smoking:
Saturday 7-22-06 Section 4B Row 7 Seat 31

Sunday 7-23-06 Section11A Row 8 Seat 24

Anyone get Paddock Passes with there tickets?

Please someone get back to me on this. I bought them off a guy on ebay contacted him letting him know I got mine and he said he didn't get his yet??? He should of gotten them! :mad:

If three of us have ours already I wonder if they got paddock passes it will take them longer?

I really hate using ebay for this type of purchase and I am getting worried I got taken :cussing:

Let me know if any of you got your paddock passes yet so I can file with paypal ASAP on this SOB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
rramseyr said:
Saturday 7-22-06 Section 4B Row 7 Seat 31

Sunday 7-23-06 Section11A Row 8 Seat 24

Anyone get Paddock Passes with there tickets?

Please someone get back to me on this. I bought them off a guy on ebay contacted him letting him know I got mine and he said he didn't get his yet??? He should of gotten them! :mad:

If three of us have ours already I wonder if they got paddock passes it will take them longer?

I really hate using ebay for this type of purchase and I am getting worried I got taken :cussing:

Let me know if any of you got your paddock passes yet so I can file with paypal ASAP on this SOB.
Anyone??? :stickpoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
I bought my tix MONTHS ago havent received them yet so I cant confirm the seating. So gimme time, if I dont get them in a week or two I will call, at least I have my email with the confirmation number :D

But it should be , FRIDAY General Admin, Sat, Sun, Grand stand tun 4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
I hope we can all get together in Laguna and shoot the shit and/or ride some of the roads out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
Guys, just toying with the idea of coming over for the GP..... are tickets still available? hotels? spare space on a floor!!?
would be three of us in all as it's daughters 18th treat we might be trying to sort.. Poss a week round Laguna then week in Las Vegas and maybe a week in Chicago...

Cheers, Guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
That would be a great idea if you can do it. Check this out and see if anything is still available. Good Luck.

Moto GP USA
Laguna Seca hotel rooms available again May 2006

Two of our race team clients have reduced their room blocks for Laguna Seca, so we now have a handful of rooms available again. These are at two hotels: Hyatt Regency Monterey and in Carmel Valley the Gardiner's Resort.

If you still need to book a hotel room (or house) in Monterey area, this may be your last chance to find something available. Call us at 800 901 5035 or 415 444 0767 for info or reservations

Call now if you need to book a room at Laguna Seca!

Sincerely,

Randy Warren
Travelcraft

email: [email protected]
phone: 800 901 5035 / 415 444 0767
web: http://www.worldbti.com

Travelcraft | 63 El Pavo Real | San Rafael | CA | 94903
 
1 - 20 of 198 Posts
Top