MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there going to be meeting at Bubba Gumps this year on Sat Night?? Tuna and I are staying at the Spindrift on Cannery Row this year.. Let me know if anyone is intrested in meeting up or going for a ride while we are there. Plans are Thurs-Sunday for the race. Got VIP tickets, seats in Turn 4! Hope to see you all there! :yo:

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Mike and I will be up there as well but aren't staying in town. We will be driving back and forth from SJ.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
im planning to buy the ticket and going up there by my self
if i go will see you

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i bought my tickets for 2010 moto gp yesterday for 1st time
since my GF is not going i'm going up there by my self

also i never been up there i really don't know what to do now
i just bought the ticket so...... any help please ^^

·
Registered
156 Posts
It will be nice to see a few more MV's up here, and I am planning to be on Cannery Row on Sat night.

For rides around here there is a good ride on route-Hwy 1 South towards Gorda from here about 3hrs round trip, and 4hrs round trip to Cambria 200mi.
If you are coming up on Hwy 1 you are going to enjoy the ride from Morro Bay all the way to Monterey.

If you want to take a nice ride up north for about 4hrs round trip, there is Hwy 9 starting in Santa Cruz and Hwy 35(skyline blvd) to Alices Restaurant (bikers spot), nestled in the mountains.

Have a great ride.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you haven't been before, everyone goes down to Cannery Row on Fri & Sat night. You need to get there around 6, or you won't get a parking spot. They close the street to cars first and then to bikes when it's full. You want to park as close to Bubba Gumps as you can. It's in the middle of everything. Friday is easier to park, Sat is a zoo. You can get good seats on the day of the race, (economy still stinks). Turn 4 is a good spot. You can see a lot. The main straight is not very good once the race starts. The bikes go by so fast you get whip lash. You won't see much. Plus they are VERR LOUD. And I like it loud, but even I get a headache. Wives hate it. The Cork Screw is crowded with no seating. They go by fast and you don't see much, but what you do see is unbelievable. It's worth a visit. There is food up there. Not much shade if it's hot. Speaking of hot; you can be freezing in town and boil at the track. Dress for hot weather even if you are shivering in town. Bring cool weather cloths for town and shorts for the track. If you ride (that is the best way for sure) they have a free gear check near turn 5. (What looks like the first turn is turn 2.) If you ride in, they tell motorcycles to enter from the far north entrance at Fort Ord. That sucks. They best way is to go in the main entrance. You can get in easy if you go out Carmel Valley Road and there is a nice road that goes over the mountain and drops you about 1/2 mile east of the main entrance. You'll turn left onto Hwy 68 and then you have a easy right turn into the main entrance. Nobody will say you can't enter. This is way faster and more fun then the way they tell you to go. I can't remember the name of the road over the mountain, but it's a main road but not much race traffic because only locals know about it. The official info from the track doesn't mention it. It's wide with lots of turns. It gets the day started right. You'll see the road on a map. It's about 5 miles down Carmel Valley Road and turns left. No stop light but is a obvious main road. There is a stop light when it gets to Hwy 68.
If you don't have a room, I have a extra in Carmel at the Normandy Inn. It's a nice place to take the wife and she won't complain (much). It's on the main street. I will cancel it by 7/14. Call me at 916.452.5067, Tom

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm Going Up
Hopfully I See You Guys Up There
^^

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good advice Tuna.

On Carmel Valley road you will turn on "Los Laureles Grade" it crosses to Hwy 68 and turn left towards Laguna Seca main entrance.

Have a great ride.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
got my moto gp ticket today

hi all
i got my moto gp ticket today. :yo::drummer::drummer:

see you guys up there.
please some one call me since i'm going up there by my self

thanks

steve
cell: 213-820-7866

Attachments

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Question On Parking
Where Do I Park? Do I Need To Buy The Parking ?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Were flying in on Thursday and staying in Monterey

·
Registered
34 Posts
Change of plans. Brute is in back of truck. Will be riding it around. Prob the only one with Tx plates.red 910S. About 6 hours away now. Somebody want to show a slow Texan and his wife some of the best roads? Send me a PM and Ill get an email
Ok Phone not wanting to get email. I'll check back here time to time.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Back From Moto Gp Will Post Photos And Video Soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts