MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all the hype saying it was quicker than the Ducati 800 (which was rumoured to be one second off the 990 pace) it looks like it's all gone pear shaped, the bike looks an awfull handfull bucking and sliding and is 4 seconds off the pace setters. On the plus side it appears reliable etc and yes it's an achievement etc etc, but why do they blow it all out of proportion only for it to be a let down? :confused:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sounds like another Foggy Petronas Mike! :jsm:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Mike, did you see it in action? We don't get any TV coverage of practice or qualifying over here, and I don't subscribe to the MotoGP online coverage...

I'm kinda surprised that they beat anyone in practice. Seems like a victory if they qualify ahead of any of the 990s from my perspective, but I guess they did have that one good test where they were a lot faster in relation to the other bikes.

I really think this is a good thing, having an F1 type company in MotoGP. MotoGP really doesn't mean much to me when it comes to the bikes, it's more about the riders. I look to Superbike and Superstock to know what the manufacturers are really doing with their bikes, since it's somewhat closer to what we can actually buy.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
mikef4uk said:
After all the hype saying it was quicker than the Ducati 800 (which was rumoured to be one second off the 990 pace) it looks like it's all gone pear shaped, the bike looks an awfull handfull bucking and sliding and is 4 seconds off the pace setters. On the plus side it appears reliable etc and yes it's an achievement etc etc, but why do they blow it all out of proportion only for it to be a let down? :confused:
Why are you saying it would be a let down?

They are just starting but i guess they can do ok.
BTW i just came from Estoril and will post some pics and a small vid where you can hear the Imor among the 990's. It's a screamy, revy bitch :toothless

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MV-999R said:
Why are you saying it would be a let down?

:toothless
Just the way it has been presented over here that's all. It was being hyped up as quicker than the Ducati 800 which at the time was within 1 second of the 990's, I suppose I just thought it would do better after all the MCN build up, I never expected it to be front row material, but I did think it would be 4th/5th row after all the talk.

It even looked shite in the handling dept, sitting down at the rear too much and generally looking untidy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts