MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there was mention of a Ti Moto Corse exhaust....

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1210

Anybody (Blitz?) know where to get this? Or have any other opinions on this?

I was at MC the other day asking (again) about my marchesini wheels.... all they have for the Ti exhaust looks like this:

I personally like the dual exhaust look of the stock cans, so wasn't horribly excited about only this option.... my sales guy only knew about this one. (granted, i'm not too sold that he knows anything....)

I'm looking to get something a bit louder. I'm having a bitch of a time parking 3 vehicles at my apartment, so now that I'm pissed off I want something as loud as possible..... :cussing:

Beyond being annoying, i'm looking for it to just sound damn good!!! :drummer: :guitarist

-colin

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Colin,

The one i have, which is similar in shape to the stock exhausts, is from MV Corse. I believe they sub-contract out the work to MC, hence the MC logo on the reverse side :)

The full system is very loud and i think you'll be pretty successful in pissing people off :naughty:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sure my salesman is missing something.... pretty irritating.

do you have a link to someplace I could check out? I'm sure others would be interested.... (group buy? :naughty: )

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'd like to hear more about the "Special" exhaust from Emoto.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Motocorse own version of the full Titanium exhausting system is a masterpiece in terms of Titanium quality (made in Japan) and craftmanship but even if I love their products, personally, I think the original double pipe silencers are part of the Design of the Brutale as a whole.

If You want the same quality (as previoulsy written by another Forum member the MV Corse Titanium exhausting system is done by Motocorse and is sold with an exclusivity contract by MV Corse) You can buy the MV Corse Titanium F1 full system with its MV Corse Eprom: the sound is more like the one of an F14-Tomcat than the one of a motorbike. In terms of horse power (in theory...) You should go from 136 hp (standard system with de-cat) to 147 hp (full collectors and silencers).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi everyone.
I too want to get some more sound, and if there is a few more HP/tourque as well, that will also be ok by me.
I can't make up my mind, about wich system to go for.
(Price is also a matter, and I want to have the original look on the silencers).
So, I will have to choose between the MV SP Ti headers (without the cat), Chip included.
Or the Ti full system (silencers incl.) from Emoto, comes without a new Chip.
(The MV SP Ti full system with silencers will be to expensive for me).
Both alternatives is prodused by MotoCorse (Jp).
The price on these two are apprx. the same.
I don't plan to have the PowerCommander.
I have the 750 engine. Comments please...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Remi said:
Hi everyone.
I too want to get some more sound, and if there is a few more HP/tourque as well, that will also be ok by me.
I can't make up my mind, about wich system to go for.
(Price is also a matter, and I want to have the original look on the silencers).
So, I will have to choose between the MV SP Ti headers (without the cat), Chip included.
Or the Ti full system (silencers incl.) from Emoto, comes without a new Chip.
(The MV SP Ti full system with silencers will be to expensive for me).
Both alternatives is prodused by MotoCorse (Jp).
The price on these two are apprx. the same.
I don't plan to have the PowerCommander.
I have the 750 engine. Comments please...
Ok, here is my 2 cents. If sound and aesthetic is all you are really after, I recently purchased the MV Corse inox headers and midpipe (they sell it as one unit) and could not be happier. The sound is deeper and louder but not obnoxious AND I get to keep the stock silencers. I plan on fitting a power commander and am not sure how much of a performance boost I will get, but plan on having it dyno'd and mapped. You can also just buy an aftermarket midpipe but I went for the MV stuff.

Good luck.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
22 Posts
Loving the balance

I’ve replaced the mid pipe, and I swear the throttle response is smoother, less jumpy and love the sound and look with stock tail pipes. Just enough understatement. I’m opting for a bike with moderate noise and the ability to carry a pillion, if you note many custom cans are pure race and exclude the pillion footrests. If you want to make a loud entry at the flats I suggest it be ‘in’ something you took home on the Brutale, at least that’s what I’m working on!
Also now living in Texas, it’s too hot to wear a full face all the time so I use a half shell, without earplugs… sounds just fine.

Cheers, I hope there are good roads on the Island, Dallas is just a bunch of greasy concrete straight-aways, real V-max territory.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The mid pipe thing might be the way forward.... I'll look into that. I guess it comes with these inox headers? Not really sure what that means.

Noob question.....
Power Commander: What is it? A special addition to sort out fuel/airflow, etc. to make it 'better'?
EPROM Chip change: Is it related/ the same as Power Commander?

I assume MV dealers can sort out either of the above.....

I asked about getting the special EPROM done at my 1000km service, which they said was fine. This is just the 'normal' Moto Corse kit. They also have this Plasma Booster which I've never heard of before.... Any ideas? (i have to locate a colleague to translate over lunch or something.... )

http://www.motocorse.jp/02_product/07_electric.html

Never really done much to bikes before....mostly ride them stock. Was a big thing for me to install the Clear Indicators! (thx eMoto.... they work and fit fine!)

giddyup. :guitarist

-colin

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
The mid pipe thing might be the way forward.... I'll look into that. I guess it comes with these inox headers? Not really sure what that means.

Noob question.....
Power Commander: What is it? A special addition to sort out fuel/airflow, etc. to make it 'better'?
EPROM Chip change: Is it related/ the same as Power Commander?

I assume MV dealers can sort out either of the above.....

I asked about getting the special EPROM done at my 1000km service, which they said was fine. This is just the 'normal' Moto Corse kit. They also have this Plasma Booster which I've never heard of before.... Any ideas? (i have to locate a colleague to translate over lunch or something.... )

http://www.motocorse.jp/02_product/07_electric.html

Never really done much to bikes before....mostly ride them stock. Was a big thing for me to install the Clear Indicators! (thx eMoto.... they work and fit fine!)

giddyup. :guitarist

-colin
quick analogy... PC is like the equalizer on your stereo, it lets you install custom maps to fine tune the performance of your bike.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
odonata said:
quick analogy... PC is like the equalizer on your stereo, it lets you install custom maps to fine tune the performance of your bike.
Isn't that what the EPROM does? Or is PC just more 'configurable'?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
The EPROM is more or less like "factory" map. It doesn't take into account your specifics of your bike or location, just "in addition" to compensate for the exhaust, if that makes sense. It's not configurable or anything, it's just plug in and take what you get.

I rode a buddy's F4i with a Jardine can about 20 miles yesterday. I still have a stock exhaust with just a midpipe, and my bike is WAY louder than his. His sounds like a stock bike in comparison. It's by no means an obnoxious loud, nowhere near it, but it's definitly throaty and deep. Sounds nice. It's definitly your best option if all you want is stock look and a louder exhaust note, and not kill your wallet. Cause well, it is a stock exhaust :laughing:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts