MV Agusta Forum banner

Moto Corse shortie

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Randarosa 
#1 ·
Just got done with my latest mod. to the Brutale and figure I'd share. I know some will flame me for doing this but I really can't leave anything alone. Any way, chopped off 6" off the Moto Corse Titanium exhaust, eliminated the trombone mid pipe and replaced with a custom fitted and ceramic coated mid pipe. I didn't know what to expect since I'm eliminating some backpressure but did it any way; what's the worst it could happen? I would have to reuse the baffle! I also had Spencer redo the seats, the one I use and the Alcantara; what a job he did! Any way, took her out for a run today even if is hi 30's and Holy Mother of Jesus! what a difference, I don't think is a whole of a lot louder, I just think that it sounded quieter before bc the pipe was back there when now is right under. The bike feels a lot more awake, specially off the line, passed the 5000rpm mark it sounds like a moto GP, I don't know is is just an impression but I'm changing my mind about trading it in for a 1198 at this point.
Cheers!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
FANTASTIC JOB!! I love it.

Who made the custom midpipe for you?

Thank you, I did the pipe, the muffler shop stretched to size and after that was cut and weld and grind and weld some more.
A buddy of mine does powder coating and also does ceramic coating so I had him finish it.

#12 ·
It sure looks like it doesn't need it, is a matter of fact it seems to run even better this way now

#16 ·
Another opinion

I'm impressed by the idea of doing something unique, as opposed to just buying an Arrow Thunder setup, but am I the only person to notice that the system looks like a combination of mis-matched parts? The polished canister and connector are so unlike the header/collector pipes that the end result looks kind of "shade tree." On the other hand, what do I know? If you think it's an improvement, then it's a successful mod for you.

#17 ·
I'm impressed by the idea of doing something unique, as opposed to just buying an Arrow Thunder setup, but am I the only person to notice that the system looks like a combination of mis-matched parts? The polished canister and connector are so unlike the header/collector pipes that the end result looks kind of "shade tree." On the other hand, what do I know? If you think it's an improvement, then it's a successful mod for you.
I see what you mean but as I see it, anybody can just go out and buy an Arrow shorty and bolt it on. What you might not see everyday is someone chopping a $4,000 exhaust not knowing if is gonna be recycle metal after the fact. The only piece that doesn't belong is the mid connector pipe, I had it cer. coated so it would flow better that color than black, the rest is all titanium, the headers turn like that with heat and the can doesn't so I could have polished the headers for the poser picture but is not that important as much as how it performs. I still plan on a bellypan mod in the future so is far from done. As far as performance, oh yeah! it's a succesful mod for me! Cheers, and Happy new Year!

#20 ·
I know some will flame me...
Most of the Flamers reside on the F4 thread. Brutie owners are way more receptive to creative design and execution. F4 owners are less receptive to creativity because they are continuously fretting about their overheating torture racks......:naughty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.