MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an opportunity to go out on a dealer based ride this past weekend. The plan was to fly out to Oita, ride around Aso, stay at a nice onsen. Wake up and then ride around Autopolis circuit for a couple hours. Fly home. They trucked my bike out there for me to ride as well. Was a joint effort from Sports Chao, Moto Corse, and Rider's Club.

:f4:

Arrival at Oita had this funny thing going around. Never seen anything like that before, kinda strange.

Walk outside and they had the bikes all ready to go.... !

They kitted out a couple of their bikes with some very very nice camera equipment.

Suit up, and head out....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On the way to Aso we picked up a few more riders from Kansai who took the ferry out. Quite the posse now aiming for the volcano....

At that big rest stop around Aso with the most expensive Eneos station in Japan.

I love this bike, it is just so funky. Too bad that damn car squeezed in there just after we parked up.

Some pics for the magazine....

Maekawa-san of MV Japan watching over from the fence.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While they were positioning some of the bikes up for the group shot, I snuck in..... looks kinda funny, me, and all the bosses on the right pushing the bike there.... hehe. Maekawa-san from MV Japan, Taketazu-san from Riders Club and Kondo-san from Moto Corse.

In the background you can see the Aso caldera. Took quite a few smoke breaks and photo ops. Kinda nice, nothing too aggressive, but still had fun on the twisty roads.

One of the guys from Kansai has this bike. Love the colored Ti pipes....

Honda-san's bike has some cool red-carbon on it. Never seen red before....

Arriving at Nakadake, the wind was blowing the wrong way, so we couldn't go up to the peak and look at the bubbling volcano crater. Oh well. Had some ciggies at the bottom of it.

Headed to the onsen, welcomed with some funny nuts and cold beer!! ahhhhh.....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stayed at this place. Was very nice.... food was Excellent! As was the facilities, very cool rotenburo (43.5 degrees tho, scorching....)

Always a nice effort in the parking situation....

Here we go..... much better.....

The rotenburo, beer garden, and some small huts were down that path.

I forget the name of these things.... nice outside one.

Beer garden area.

Pickles!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dinnertime!

One of the dealer guys in Kyushu (maybe the Chao guy? I'm not sure) let us have some of his private shochu collection.... I'm not really a shochu guy, but some of them were pretty tasty. Morizo on the far left being my favorite.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
morning.... sunrise light..... !

Inconspicuous trucks parking out back. They grow their own veg there it looked like.

Breakfast!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then we head out in the morning for a couple hours at Autopolis! Turned out it was a bit of an MV Agusta event, so many local MV peeps there.

One of the dealer guys owns this. A 500cc Agostini Triple. NOT a replica.... ! Apparently one of four in the world.

starting it up....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fancy Elmo cams....

The Freebies! Yay! No jankenpoi.... lottery..... I unfortunately didn't win the Michelin Power Ones. Got a Castrol Polo shirt and work type gloves.

Lunch!

Then they took that badass bike out on the track! woah!

The MV Japan boyz (sakai-san & tsuna-san) and Honda-san (she's got an F4 & Brutale!)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couple of flash cars out on the track as well....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pro photog was there, bought the pics....here's a bunch from the trackday at Autopolis. 2 sessions, 1 hour each.

Me:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
other notables....

Kamada-san (winner Suzuka 8-Hour '03) & Taketazu-san.

Agostini's bike....

Tesi guy.

Honda-san.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 2nd track day at Fuji, my front tire looked like this:

this time, I'm able to this!

:f4:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Line up of the peeps on the tour with the expensive bike....

On the way out by the airport, we stopped here. Guess what they serve?

giddyup. :jsm:

I had the horseburger, figured it would be easiest way to get through it. It was actually quite tasty actually!

The filet....

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Closing up shop....loading up the bikes.

Just in time, too! rain just started....

Plane home!

-the end-

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Yes, i appreciate the photos as well, nice work on the track!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts