MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As requested (and with permission).... some pics from Moto Corse in Tokyo.

Went there to sort out bringing the Brutale in for the 1000km. Getting a new midpipe/EPROM thing. giddyup. :conveyer:

MOMO grips? in carbon/silver? what do you think????

This is the showroom, in central Tokyo. I think I know where the suburban 'lab' is. i will check that out later......

The ceiling:

It was looking grim outside, so all the bikes were brought inside, so it was packed with bikes! (so couldn't get any nice shots of the bikes.... there's a senna, tamburini, etc....)

They work on the bikes back there. Tough to get a good pic, but basically you can watch them work from you seat, while drinking free coffee/hot chocholate/tea, etc. from the vending machine thing (hot and cold of course).

:drummer: :drummer: :guitarist

kid in a frickin' candy store..... :guitarist :naughty: :naughty:

ok kids, that's all for now....i'll put more up later as i get them.

-colin

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
looks awsome.
i never got to go in when i was there. such a bummer. missed the closing time by about 10 minutes!

as for the lab, that's in atsugi.

my family lives in yamato, which is nearby. i plan to get to the lab sometime myself!

next time you're there, can you ask about "demo" rides? when i get back to japan, i plan to ride a bike, and right now I have a connection (Great MOTO Tokyo) to ride an R1, but i'd rather ride an MV, of course.

find out if they have an MV demo bike.

thanks,
alex

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
altoon said:
find out if they have an MV demo bike.
For a test ride, yeah, you can take some bikes out. I'm not sure if they can do the all day thing (the BMW dealer here can do that). Their bikes tend to split time between the lab and the showroom though, so they don't always have the one you want to ride there.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
unlikely you'll get to ride those:

F4-1000S BASE \6,300,000

F4-Tamburini BASE \8,000,000

Only 3 Units Each Available

(those prices are in yen. ~110 to 1 USD)

I test rode a silver F4, that looked like a Platino. (it definitely wasn't). I have a pic somewhere of it.... I think it was bought later though. will get it loaded up later (when I get home....just starting off Tuesday here!)

I told them I was taking it for this forum. I'm not sure if that all clicked with the boss-man there...he didn't seem to recognize the name or anything.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Platino...I would take that over a Tambi any day....that thing looks to be a MONSTER. how much and what was his feedback?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, Tokyo traffic sucks. When I test rode this it seemed to backfire sometimes depending on how i pulled up to lights....funny when i went next to posh convertibles.... hehe. :naughty:
(probably my riding, this was only the second sport bike i've ever actually ridden....)

I rode this one.... it isn't the platino, but rather the SC model that Moto Corse has. Very nice.

http://www.motocorse.jp/03_bike/f4_1000sc.html

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
You got to ride that? very very nice bike. I can't tell by this picture but I imagine the fit and finish must be top notch.

You probably didn't look at it specifically, but I wonder if this bike had their kit HID headlight? I remember they offer HID conversion, just wondering how they installed the system, if they had a clean and refined way of doing it.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
now that is one serious MV. you are one lucky bastard to ride that thing!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts