MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
I am pretty new to the forum and just recently started considering investing in a Brutale after riding a Ducati 999s for the last 2 years.
What got me going for the Brutale is the aggressive looks, the design and also the somewhat more "comfortable" riding position than the F4 and the 999.

As the 750 has been replaced with the bigger 910 with more grunt, there are a few 750's on the market.
I wonder if you guys could recommend what the most important and cost-effective improvements the 750 will need performance-wise?

My intention is mostly to ride twisting B-roads and the occational trackday every now and then...

//PeGe

·
Registered
403 Posts
Truthfully. The 750 kicks ass, right out of the box. Maybe Arrow GP, Arrow Damper, but it will take you as fast as you need to go.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
PeGe said:
I wonder if you guys could recommend what the most important and cost-effective improvements the 750 will need performance-wise?//PeGe
A good rider gets my vote.

I'm not sure you can realistically expect fat power gain on the brute, and if you can it certainly would not be cheap. Put your money into smoothing out throttle first, which in my case was getting valves within spec. Mid-pipe swap has it's benefits, but extra low grunt is not really one of them, imo.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, let's pretend that my riding skills are good enough. :) (yeah, I know, you can always get better etc, but I am interested in modifying the bike)

Then what mods are the most needed to get the Brutale perform even better?
Are there any engine-upgrades needed?
Magnesium wheels?
Better brakes?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just bought mine 2 weeks ago. I plan to change the mid-pipe (I want rid of that cat). I would like to put a full Ti exhaust on but at about $4 grand, I just don't think it is worth it. The only other thing I would like to change in my brakes. They suck and would be a good item for updating. I'm told they will improve during and after break-in though so I will wait and see. Those are the only 2 items I plan to mess with, other than that, the bike is gold.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nightshade said:
I just bought mine 2 weeks ago. ...The only other thing I would like to change in my brakes. They suck and would be a good item for updating. I'm told they will improve during and after break-in though so I will wait and see..
I'm not sure whether they improve or we just get used to them. Unlike the on-off switch throttle the brakes have a very progressive feel; once I got used to the feel I really like it (unlike the seat)!

Tom

·
Registered
198 Posts
You will miss the low end grunt of your twin. You really have to ring a 750's neck to make it go. A midpipe will help smooth the light switch throttle (at least it did on mine) and a full system (from a 910R) helps more (again it did on mine). You may get a little more power, but the response smoothness from the engine is the main bang. The stock wheels are heavy. I put a set of BSTs on mine and it was transformed. Best money I ever spent on a mod (and it was everything I could do to convince myself to spend it - turned out to be a good move). I added a small cowl from emoto to help reduce the wind blast (better than when it wasn't on) and that's been it. Seat sucks, but after your Duc you'll be in heaven. I still love my Tuono Factory more, but the 750S has grown on me a lot. More than I thought it would after I first got it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
TPadden said:
I'm not sure whether they improve or we just get used to them. Unlike the on-off switch throttle the brakes have a very progressive feel; once I got used to the feel I really like it (unlike the seat)!

Tom
Oh man, why did you have to go and say that for? :) I've been looking forward to them improving. I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't have just sprung for the R with the Brembos. I love the Brembos on my Duc 999. I actually like the throttle. Oh yeah I forgot, the seat hurts. IMO it should feel more level, as it is, it keeps sliding me forward into the tank. D they make aftermarket seats that improve the riding position, not just the cover?

Back on topic:
1. remove cat
2. better brakes
3. seat

That's what i would modify.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts