MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ooops, what’s this?

Motor dropped a valve during Friday practice. What to do now? Oh, there’s a street bike just parked over there.

Crew worked till 4:00 a.m. Saturday morning doing the swap. Here’s the bike after morning practice, what a sweet sound it makes.

Michael had to start last. He picked up three positions on the first lap. By about halfway he was in sixth place. Unfortunately by that point fifth place was almost five seconds ahead and running similar lap times so he back off a bit. No sense in thrashing the new motor, eh? Well, seventh caught and passed him back so he had to push some to regain sixth.
I’d say from last to sixth place in 14 laps was a great result.
Maybe tomorrow he’ll get a better start, dispatch the slower riders sooner and be up fighting for a podium spot.

·
Administrator
19,814 Posts
Your street bike???

Hope the podium is in view today.

·
Super Moderator
22,316 Posts
Great story! Keep it coming!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it was not my Molly’s engine they used. I did not discover who’s bike it was but I suspect it’s the red one that I’m seen sitting on in my avatar. MV Agusta Canada brought two early build F3’s into the country, the aforementioned red / silver and a white. The bikes were show cased at all the dealers and other events prior to the first shipment of F3’s arriving in mid July 2012.

Here’s a great shot of Michael at speed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts