MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now the happy owner of a 2005 Tambo #136. What a beautiful bike. Being totally unfamiliar with MV's I'm going to have to bother you guys with questions until I get up to speed. So-

1- When the engine is running there is a very slight ticking/rattling sound coming from the area of the large round part (with the hex plug at the top) of the right side engine cover. It varies in frequency with rpm. Very similar to Duc clutch rattle but much quieter. ?

2- The engine coolant temp reached 185 degrees F in a matter of minutes unlike the Duc which takes forever to warm up. Normal?

3- I wiped the bores of the tailpipes with my finger and got a fair amount of carbon from each one. Running too rich or normal?

4- The left rear of the belly pan where the kickstand fits is unsupported and very "floppy". It could stand some support. I am loathe to make any mods to this bike and wish to keep it stock. Has anyone come up with a way to support this area or is it just left to flop?

5- Is anyone making the number plates that fit on the upper fork clamp which identify what # the bike is? I wish to get rid of the previous owners name which is engraved on same.

6- A source for parts and shop manuals.

7- Water wetter and distilled water?

8- Street tire pressure. Pirelli Pilot Powers.

9- Anything else I should look for?

This is really asking alot but if anyone can answer these it'll be someone on here.

Thanks,

Lee

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
congrats lee, what a bike. very jealous :mouthwate . These bikes as im sure you've already read on here do get hot and do warm up pretty quickly. I have the standard f41000 and it will be up to temp within 4 mins easily. I live in the UK so dont really have any issues with the heat thing :freezing: , but i know a lot of people recommend the water wetter.
Things to look out for - speed cameras :f4: . All the best with your new bike.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Congrats, fantastic choice! You should be able to get a new plate from MV, did you get the limited edition certificate too? The plates came from MV, you could get them engraved with your name, I chose not to do it on mine, just the number.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Congrats,

Everything is normal. Leave the thing alone. Ride it.

Run tires at 30psi.

Nameplate can be ordered from Cagiva. Mine has bike # and Tamburini's name in script.

Enjoy, Peter

·
Registered
756 Posts
hi guys ,

was being told of some engine performance difference between the Tamb and Senna.

Is there anything we can mode on the Senna engine to have equivalent performance ?

pls advise

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your kind words and advice. Yes it's a prize but it's still just a bike, and I intend to ride it as such. Found a Dealer near me in Winchester Va. Place called Duc Pond Motorsports and they do both Ducs and MVs. So I think I'll hook up with them and see what they can do.Lee

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Nice choice. Welcome to Club MV, good luck for you and the Tamburini, you will not be disappointed.

Post some pictures for us when you can, and update the ol' registry!

Peace,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Duc Pond was reccomended to me by BCM in Laconia N.H. for Ducati work. As luck would have it they also handle MV's. Though I have yet to have any work done there I have bought some stuff and the experience was totally positive. I'll let you know.

Lee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts