MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dumb question, but how much protection do sliders actually provide? Does anyone have any real world experience? To my eye they look kind of ugly so I wouldn't want to use them unless they provide some decent protection.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Did you know that just a tip over can cause your bike to be totalled!

Go to your garage and test the theory.....J/K...lol.

If that frame makes contact with the ground, it becomes a liabilty to the insurance company! They wont risk it then total it. Good luck selling a Brutale with a marred frame!

A small price to pay a little protection.

Now if your accident is bad, it might do nothing. but you'd be suprised to know how many accidents happen under 30 MPH.

If you think your bike looks ugly with sliders, I'm sure you'll think it looks hideous after a low side!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
Did you know that just a tip over can cause your bike to be totalled!

Go to your garage and test the theory.....J/K...lol.

If that frame makes contact with the ground, it becomes a liabilty to the insurance company! They wont risk it then total it. Good luck selling a Brutale with a marred frame!

A small price to pay a little protection.

Now if your accident is bad, it might do nothing. but you'd be suprised to know how many accidents happen under 30 MPH.

If you think your bike looks ugly with sliders, I'm sure you'll think it looks hideous after a low side!
Hmm... that's a good point re the frame. My last 3 bikes were BMWs which did not have exposed frames. Plus the huge cylinders sticking out of the sides of the bike pretty much preventing anything else from being touched. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
First hand went on a group ride w/Duck group and saw a newbie wash his front tire on a corner and the bike spun like a top on his sliders and we picked the bike up w/little damage, made me feel happy that the ugly spindles work!! Rider was OK just felt foolish!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have dropped my CBR on both sides... first was doing a u-turn and foolishly using the front brake to stop... problem was the dirt i pulled up in... zero damage on that one...

2nd time was in the garage when i was moving the bike around and thought i had the stand down... boy was i wrong!... cost me $75 at the spray painters to paint the engine where it was scuffed...

Would hate to think of how much it would've cost me if i hadn't had them!!

Needless to say it was the 1st thing i ordered when i put the deposit down on the Brutale.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Mas!

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts