MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike was or probably still is running crappy a lot of guys suggested check the plugs and or the EBS relay. so i said, The hell with it. time for a tune up!, so i got new fuel filter, new air filter(thanks carl), got some spark plugs(ngk iridium) and spark plug wires. i got a set up called TPO dragon spark plug wires. and these looked decent and a lot cheaper and MV branded ones. i deciced to measure the resistance between MV wires and Dragon wires. to my knowledge(PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG) the lower the resistance in the wire the more spark you can get, the more power you can produce(with tuning of course) and i was surprised by the diff in resistance. MV wires were 4.84K ohms and the dragon were just 76.5 Ohms. thats a that a 4.76 diff. the MV wire says 7mm. and the dragon were MSD 8.5 mm. please let me know what you guys think.

under customizing ill show how i made a decent seal with the old wires. as shown in last picture

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Less resistance means more spark to the plug which I am sure is a good thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Less resistance = more current = increased risk of coil driver transistor circuit overload/burnout, yes you'll get a bigger spark but you also have to pay the penalty of a reduced coil driver life. HTH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts